• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What film or documentary did you watch last? | Medium: Cinema, DVD, Blu, 3D, 4K, Netflix, ...

TankTop

1917 on Blu-ray, epic cinematography and orchestral sound track. The bigger the screen you can watch this on the better, I’d recommend imax!!! If you’re looking for your classic war movie this isn’t it even though it does have some action scenes and some blood and death. This movie belongs on everyone’s summer watch list.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
1917 on Blu-ray, epic cinematography and orchestral sound track. The bigger the screen you can watch this on the better, I’d recommend imax!!! If you’re looking for your classic war movie this isn’t it even though it does have some action scenes and some blood and death. This movie belongs on everyone’s summer watch list.

IMAX theaters are safe now?
I saw it in IMAX when the theaters were still open.
I agree with you on that.
But if your local IMAX theater is closed due to a pandemic you can buy a 4K front projector today using a stimulous cheque.
They give them to rich people with million dollars mansions and million dollars cash liquidity in their accounts. Only the poor who have to work to survive without a choice from their employers and their boss leaders don't get flowers for Memorial Day.

1917 is a great film to watch now, a noble cause and even without IMAX theaters open.
It's on DVD and Blu-ray (2K & 4K).

Robin L

Master Contributor
712rsemQ2ZL-1._SL1000_.jpg

TankTop

IMAX theaters are safe now?
I saw it in IMAX when the theaters were still open.
I agree with you on that.
But if your local IMAX theater is closed due to a pandemic you can buy a 4K front projector today using a stimulous cheque.
They give them to rich people with million dollars mansions and million dollars cash liquidity in their accounts. Only the poor who have to work to survive without a choice from their employers and their boss leaders don't get flowers for Memorial Day.

1917 is a great film to watch now, a noble cause and even without IMAX theaters open.
It's on DVD and Blu-ray (2K & 4K).
Not going to let politics enter here but I work for a billionaire that received a larger stimulus check than most on here, gave it back and took care of his employees. Believe it or not most wealthy people are generous, a corporation has a legal and fiduciary responsibility to its investors and shareholders, it’s completely amoral.

Rockfella

Forum Donor

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Last documentary I watched (on Netflix);
https://thesilenceofothers.com/

It's not for everyone, but it does strike a chord (a human one).
It makes us think, reflect, reconsider, listen to other's voices...their deep silent voices.

Emotional, poignant, genuine, impeccable camera work, music of above the skies, ... it's an important message of important people. The people we are with them, they are part of us.

I sure recommend ... The Silence of Others

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Watched the Jaco Pastorius documentary last night on Amazon Prime. It went pretty easy on its subject, but still well worth checking out. Lots of interviews with band-mates and other famous bass players.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I'm re-watching a bunch of Miyazaki animations on Netflix. Given the choice yesterday afternoon between Japan Sinks 2020 and Howl's Moving Castle, I chose the latter. I don't feel like watching anything depressing now.

DChenery

Forum Donor
Many disliked it, but I found it one of the most entertaining documentaries I've ever seen. Echo in the Canyon is a "tribute" to the birth of folk rock as developed by the bands based in Laurel Canyon in the mid 60's. Highlight (to me nanyway) was Jade Castrinos. Hope you enjoy!!

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm re-watching a bunch of Miyazaki animations on Netflix. Given the choice yesterday afternoon between Japan Sinks 2020 and Howl's Moving Castle, I chose the latter. I don't feel like watching anything depressing now.
It is not on Netflix, and you have probably seen it, but Princess Mononoke is a great one.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
It is not on Netflix, and you have probably seen it, but Princess Mononoke is a great one.

That I have not seen.

Hmmmn... It’s all there actually. I was surprised by this myself.

Could be a region thing. I suspect the contract is only good for a year — so all the titles will likely disappear sometime next year. I actually find myself re-watching physical discs I already own and have on my blu-ray shelf. Streaming is just so much more convenient... the constantly shuffling of free titles though can be annoying — among other things.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That I have not seen.

Hmmmn... It’s all there actually. I was surprised by this myself.

Could be a region thing. I suspect the contract is only good for a year — so all the titles will likely disappear sometime next year. I actually find myself re-watching physical discs I already own and have on my blu-ray shelf. Streaming is just so much more convenient... the constantly shuffling of free titles though can be annoying — among other things.
Nice! I recommend the dubbed version. There are some solid actors doing the voice overs: Billy Bob Thornton, Billy Crudup, Claire Daines...

lennard

Been digging into the new PBS documentary drops on Netflix. I watched the Big Burn, which was a cool documentary on a big fire in the 1920s at the start of the forest service. Last night I watched Ruby Ridge, which was a brutal look at a standoff in Idaho in the 90s.

5 Came Back was a really cool series on film makers in ww2.(the last episode was a gut punch)
Planet Earth 2 was of course incredible

Karu

Forum Donor
Did anyone watch the Clive documentary on Netflix? Nice one. Did he have M2s in his office?

CuriousMonkey

The Intouchables. A terrific French film that was so popular it received a US remake. The original is so good I never bothered to watch the remake.

Top Bottom