• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What film or documentary did you watch last? | Medium: Cinema, DVD, Blu, 3D, 4K, Netflix, ...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
This one ...

Very nice picture quality, sound not par, actors too sterile, cardboard caricatures in front of gorgeous CGI sets, the rest failed to rock my boat overall...in my heart and soul. Its redemption is in its ancestry and natural elements...the ocean, the island.

If I would rate it, square & fair: ⭐⭐⭐1/2 out of five.

- Best thing going for it: Pristine picture quality in 4K. ...Some beautiful shots.
- Worst thing: That's a tougher one, between the acting, the music disconnection, the fusing of everything out of sync, no romance, no love scene, frigid.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just finished watching this beautifully done documentary on John Nash, the great genius mathematician depicted in the movie, The Beautiful Mind. Superbly done with wonderful music score:

Sadly, John and his wife were killed in a Taxi accident back in 2015. One wonders how much more advanced mathematics would be hand he not succumbed to schizophrenia.