• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What device for for 8 analogue inputs to DAC / DSP / 8 analogue outputs?

Michel Payou

Hello,
I have a small studio and use Minidsp Flex. I'm very happy about it, and ASR helped me a lot choosing it :)

For another studio, I have an analogue mixer with 5.1 outputs (L R C LFE LS RS), and 7 active speakers (L-Left subwoofer-R-Right subwoofer-C-LS-RS).

I need a device, or multiple devices to :
convert my analogue outputs from my mixer console (so at least 6 ADC), DSP processing, then at least 7 DAC to send individual signal to my active speakers.

I'm a bit lost...any help would be appreciated.
Budget is not an issue. I just want the best. money can buy.

Many thanks for reading, and helping!
Cheers,
Michel.

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
The miniDSP DDRC-88A can do what you're looking for. Amir took a look at it here

Geert

Major Contributor
Maybe have a look at speaker management systems or controllers as used in large PA systems. For example the Lake M44, but there are lots of alternatives. It's just a matter of reviewing the software capabilities to see what fits your needs. You might not find a unit with 8 I/O's, but then you just buy 2 4-channel units and you split left and right. That's standard practice.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Hello,
I have a small studio and use Minidsp Flex. I'm very happy about it, and ASR helped me a lot choosing it :)

For another studio, I have an analogue mixer with 5.1 outputs (L R C LFE LS RS), and 7 active speakers (L-Left subwoofer-R-Right subwoofer-C-LS-RS).

I need a device, or multiple devices to :
convert my analogue outputs from my mixer console (so at least 6 ADC), DSP processing, then at least 7 DAC to send individual signal to my active speakers.

I'm a bit lost...any help would be appreciated.
Budget is not an issue. I just want the best. money can buy.

Many thanks for reading, and helping!
Cheers,
Michel.
A Merging HAPI II (with an A/D/A board or a pair of A/D and D/A boards) and a handy Mac/PC for processing (DSP).

OP
M

Michel Payou

Maybe have a look at speaker management systems or controllers as used in large PA systems. For example the Lake M44, but there are lots of alternatives. It's just a matter of reviewing the software capabilities to see what fits your needs. You might not find a unit with 8 I/O's, but then you just buy 2 4-channel units and you split left and right. That's standard practice.
2 LM44 should work :)
Many thanks!

Top Bottom