• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Website to compare DAC

mikelam

Hey Everyone!

So, I've been on the hunt for the perfect DAC+Amplifier combo for my beloved headphones, but , there are just too many options out there!
I tried to searching the spec, trying to compare this spec vs that spec. Why isn't there a website that makes it easy to compare all these DACs in one place? There is some website list out lots of data of headphone for me to compare. However, I cannot find similar website for dac. Therefore, I want to develop a website for compare dac.

Here's the principle of this website:

1, the product will mainly cover the DAC+amplifier for headphone– from dongles to portables, Bluetooth to desktop units.

2, This is an interactive database. It will only contain the specification of the dac with tools to easily compare them. NO subjective comment. NO recommendations. ‍♂️

3, It will only have publicly available data from the manufacturers and big e-commerce sites like Amazon. This is not a DAC review site.

4, Our database will only include DACs that are still kickin' it in 2023 and beyond.

Now, let's talk features!

1, Search for DACs by brand or chip used

2, Compare multiple DACs side-by-side – no more flipping between tabs or scribbling down notes.

3, Interactive graphs tool. See how different specs relate to each other, like output power versus weight or SNR versus price.

4, the important stuff – dimensions, SNR, THD+N, output power, chip used, PCM and DSD support, Bluetooth chip and codec, battery life, price will be covered if applicable.

What do you guys think? Is there anything else you'd like to see in this website? Feel free to give some comments.

Last edited:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it's a great idea. One thing I'd like but you didn't list would be a picture of each DAC or failing that a link to pictures.

OP
M

mikelam

I think it's a great idea. One thing I'd like but you didn't list would be a picture of each DAC or failing that a link to pictures.
Thank you for your comment. That's good suggestion. I will attach the link to the product's. However, I afraid I cannot have picture due to copyright issue.

Top Bottom