• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Turntable gift from the US to Australian Prime Minister

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
Hopefully VPI doesn't stiff Albo for warranty service when he has too many beers and decides to do a DJ set on it, buggers the cartridge and snaps the arm off.

Maybe when he goes to Japan on an official visit, he'll get a free Technics. Or just do a world trip and get a whole high end system for the Lodge.

He's got a ways to go before catching up with Medvedev's system:
View attachment 321253
Having dinner with Pootie:
View attachment 321254

It may be an optical illusion, but it sure looks like someone had one too many vodka shots, tripped and fell on the turntable. The platter looks a bit off horizontal...
Fun fact, my brother-in-law has A cousin, and that cousin sold the speaker cables that MedvedeV use. Expensive ? Yes very …
So I am only 4 steps away from Putin..when do I get free Hifi…?

Last edited:

egellings

Major Contributor
Seems strange because Albanese is either a vinyl loving audiophile, or he's not.
If he is not, he won't know what to do with it.
If he is, he already has a fine turntable and this one will be superfluous.
He also may not have any equipment that accepts a T.T. input, too.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
i wonder if it came with the golden V'ger LP

1698401456842.jpeg

Sokel

Master Contributor
Not the model I would make if I was VPI,I mean this thing will be ll over the news,something that shouts "VPI!" (like their very nice Prime 21,Aries,etc) would be better for business.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

JSmith

Master Contributor

dweeeeb2

Why can he accept gifts when anyone else working for the government must decline? It’s considered a conflict of interest…
(I don’t really care)

A Cute Earring

Why can he accept gifts when anyone else working for the government must decline? It’s considered a conflict of interest…
(I don’t really care)
In the US the gifts are government property. Taking ”gifts” with you when leaving your position is theft of government property.

mash

I'd say we could stand to have a few more world leaders sit quietly and listen to music more often. The world might be a better place.

As long as they aren't listening to Rage Against the Machine....or maybe they should....take your pick.

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
I set one of these tables up for a friend recently. The direct drive table is terrific, setting up anti-skate - not terrific. VPI does not believe in anti-skate, but they do provide their own POS anti-skate system with no instructions on how to best use it. A normal string with weight, spring, or magnetic anti-skate would just be too easy.……

Top Bottom