• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trying to install Daphile but it is not seeing internal storage.

SuperDerpBro

Dell wyse 3040. I cant seem to get it to install. Any ideas?

Shows up here
and in the clear drives during boot/setup. But is not an option in the install drop down box. The only thing there is the install USB. :(

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Presumably you cleared the drive? If the drive isn't clear or previously used for daphile it won't be shown for install IIRC. It's a safety measure to avoid people accidentally wiping out their main OS. I don't know if the drive being MMC/SD might be a problem, although I'd guess not. I've only used it with ata, usb and nvme.

OP
SuperDerpBro

SuperDerpBro

Yea, i've probably cleared/wiped/formatted/unformated/GParted/wiped again/zeroed... about 50 times now. LOL. Nothing works. Even tried manual partitioning.. Nope. What stings the most is that i've asked on another forum and people responded that their 3040's worked! I am about to hulk smash this lil device heh.

I know I could just run VIA USB.. but there are only 2 USB ports in the back. I need them both and do not want a flash drive in the front :/

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
If it works for others then I'd guess at a hardware variation, UEFI version or setting. You might be able to get more info about what's going wrong with the beta release which has ssh enabled. See FAQ Q13. I've only used ssh after installation though. Good luck!

Mostmax

Yea, i've probably cleared/wiped/formatted/unformated/GParted/wiped again/zeroed... about 50 times now. LOL. Nothing works. Even tried manual partitioning.. Nope. What stings the most is that i've asked on another forum and people responded that their 3040's worked! I am about to hulk smash this lil device heh.

I know I could just run VIA USB.. but there are only 2 USB ports in the back. I need them both and do not want a flash drive in the front :/
I installed Daphile on a Wyse 3030 LT this week, and had success by first booting Tiny Core from USB and using fdisk to delete all partitions on emmc storage. Could be worth a shot.

OP
SuperDerpBro

SuperDerpBro

Thanks. Yea, I kinda of tried that, but with puppy Linux and gparted. I feel like it did it properly. I could be wrong. When I booted into Daphile it only showed the partitions in the storage settings, and not in the install drop box :(

I might try a few more times .. for now I gave up and am running it off USB ;/

Mostmax

Thanks. Yea, I kinda of tried that, but with puppy Linux and gparted. I feel like it did it properly. I could be wrong. When I booted into Daphile it only showed the partitions in the storage settings, and not in the install drop box :(

I might try a few more times .. for now I gave up and am running it off USB ;/
Ah, rats. Apologies if this is obvious advice, but be sure to not partition the drive before install, just delete them. Good luck!

OP
SuperDerpBro

SuperDerpBro

Heh. No worries. I am aware that it needs to be blank for auto install. Your advise was/is solid. I tried it many times like that. Must have cleared the EMMC 30 times. lol. What I was referring to above was manual partitioning, which Daphile supports. Just not for me! haha

Its probably something super dumb that I am missing but it spent like an entire day messing with it. It runs out of RAM (IIRC) so USB isn't too bad. Hate wasting a port on it though.

One thing I thought was weird. When I go trough the manual setup in Daphile, in the clear disc section, there was the EMMC and two 1.4mb drives. Unable to clear those, and they do not show up in any BIOS/OS/Partition tools.

Mostmax

Reviving this old thread in case it is of any help to others. I was just able to successfully install Daphile on a 3040 by first booting into Raspberry Pi OS and using fdisk to delete all four partitions on the eMMC. Following this, after booting into Daphile via USB, there were apparently no options listed as a target disk for install. However, I was able to select the blank option in the dropdown menu. Installing here surprisingly worked!

The internal wireless card is not recognized however...

Last edited:
Top Bottom