• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E50 Coaxial Drop Out issues

rolloj

I have a Topping Dx3 pro + and have never experienced any coaxial problems to date. Have used a high end Coaxial connect (Swiss Ensemble) and even a
ten dollar Amazon branded coaxial cable....no issues whatsoever. Lucky me!

philgo01

Just realized my D50s has same COAXIAL issues... UNLOCKS quite a bit making it useless. I have 3 coaxial sources and all behaved the same way on Topping D50s which makes it useless for Coax input while my other DACs (Denafrips, Marantz) didn't have any issues with Coaxial sources. Topping support wants me to send unit back to China for them to check it out, at my expense.... I am also using Topping's linear power supply with the D50s... SIGH...

gfx_1

When powering the D50s from a powerbank the coax issue remains.

Tried an other coax source, with the coax output from the IOTAVX NP3 (cd-player/dab/streamer) it keeps working.
So it might be the coax output from the raspberry pi. I'll try a new powersupply for that then.

Last edited:

gfx_1

Replaced the powersupply of the Raspberry pi with a newer phone charger.
Did improve coax issues a bit but still dropouts then put the powersupply of the Aiyima A8 in a powerstrip with netfilter (24 euro)
Together this works.

philgo01

My Topping D50s is connected to a Topping Linear Power supply and still have the exact same issues with Coax digital input. Topping tells me to ship unit back to China on my own dime.

Top Bottom