• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

yys310

For the D50 III are you powering it with the USB-C in only, or are you using supplemental power as well?
I remembered powered with macbook type C port only and with the macbook typeC charger did not change the result.
I can test it again but I think the build in LDO should do their work properly else we won't get the SINAD measured on this device...

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I remembered powered with macbook type C port only and with the macbook typeC charger did not change the result.
I can test it again but I think the build in LDO should do their work properly else we won't get the SINAD measured on this device...

No need to retest.

The engineers can only do so much with an external power source, and a fairly low price point. Your D90 III has it's own power supply, is a lot larger, and has a much higher price point. Generally speaking that allows the engineers more flexibility!

Last edited:

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
At $900, you come dangerously close to the price for the RME DAC, which has load of additional usefull functionalities (with no audible penalty).
But that's maybe just me.

The DX9 is probably The closest thing Topping has to the ADI-2 DAC FS, and it's the exact same price, but doesn't have PEQ support.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The DX9 is probably The closest thing Topping has to the ADI-2 DAC FS, and it's the exact same price, but doesn't have PEQ support.
PEQ, Loudness, Crossfeed, flexible Mono, phase inversion, multiple ranges with auto ref, RT Analyzer display, multiple setups, PC remote, SPDIF Recording, ...

Top Bottom