• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping all in one o combo?

Metronomy

I am considering a purchase of a dac amplifier for headphones.

What would you buy, Topping dx5 all in one or the A50/D50/P50 combo option.

?

Pros and cons of the two solutions and comparative performance, if possible.

Thanks for the advice.

P.S I saw that the M50 streamer is also out (!)

skkayman

I have similar decision, but I already has D50s at my desk. Using it with diy o2 and diy switch with preamp for speakers/monitors. But O2 need fixing and was thinking about upgrading to newer amp. Because of nice stack, my first choice was A50s but I hate switching between headphone amp and preamp by plugging headphones in and out.
For me, DX5 is great device but I would have to sell d50s which I am happy with and this will loose some of my money.

In your case, I would probably buy DX5 if you do not need balanced headphones output. In addition, you get balanced output from DX5 in case of speakers.
M50 is more local player then streamer. It can stream only with DLNA or airplay.. But my eyes are on it too, if bubbleupnp is possible with it, I can stream tidal to M50.

AIO is always with less cables and usually take less space on desk.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am considering a purchase of a dac amplifier for headphones.

What would you buy, Topping dx5 all in one or the A50/D50/P50 combo option.

?

Pros and cons of the two solutions and comparative performance, if possible.

Thanks for the advice.

P.S I saw that the M50 streamer is also out (!)
There is also the EX5. I bought one for my son and he loves it.

Top Bottom