• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tip recommendations for TWS Buds?

bmarshall

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice on some better eartips for a set of JBL Club Pro+ earbuds. The stock large tips are ok-ish but not deep enough or wide enough for my preference and are made of what feels like quite a hard and shiny silicon. All of this adds up to not a very good seal and something that slips around a little too easily. I am looking for something better all round. These buds are mostly used when I am on the move so whilst a good seal is top priority, isolation is also pretty important. It would also be good of the new tips fit in the charging case (I guess the cp1025s are short for this reason) but I reckon I've got at least a couple of mm spare to play with on top of the depth of stock ones.

I have tried a set of Spinfit cp1025s after seeing some recommendations but these are even shorter than the stock tips and I can't maintain a good seal with them, although the silicon is a lot nicer and grippier than the stock.

For reference the earbuds seem to have a ~5mm bore. The CP1025s are 6.7mm deep, stock seem to be more like 8mm (ish). On my normal IEMs I am currently enjoying (large) Spinfit cp155s and love the extra insertion (amazing seal) but also trying Comply T600s.

Comply suggest the TWR-200-B fit the JBL Club Pro+ and these do seem like they might be a little longer than cp1025s but can't find them any cheaper than £30 round these parts. I have also looked at the Spinfit CP360 which have an 8.5mm depth and should work for the nozzle and so i may give these a shot.

Anybody have any other recommendations?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Leftfield recommendation. I've had some success with tws using the Moondrop tips that come with the jiu /chu and can be bought separately. not long but very tacky.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
B

bmarshall

That's em. You get a mixed size 3 pack with the Chu at around $18. I too use the cp155 on any wired iem that take them (the blue large) but found on tws (I've had those jbl) the light grey (medium) moondrop tips work.

Ymmv of course but they fit in the case.
Interesting that you find the medium a good fit, it looks from the size chart like the spring tips measure relatively small. I also use the cp115 in large and would probably have gone for trying the L and XL sizes on those springtips (but then maybe the bigger ones won't fit in the case ?!?).

How did you find the JBLs? They are noticeably lacking compared to my Zero Reds for example but not sure how much is sub-par seal, how much is bluetooth (buds only do AAC), and how much is the buds? Not sure I want to go down the route of another set of IEMs on some TWS hooks like the UTWS5 just to get something convenient to move around with. If you've moved on from the JBL what are you using now?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting that you find the medium a good fit, it looks from the size chart like the spring tips measure relatively small. I also use the cp115 in large and would probably have gone for trying the L and XL sizes on those springtips (but then maybe the bigger ones won't fit in the case ?!?).

How did you find the JBLs? They are noticeably lacking compared to my Zero Reds for example but not sure how much is sub-par seal, how much is bluetooth (buds only do AAC), and how much is the buds? Not sure I want to go down the route of another set of IEMs on some TWS hooks like the UTWS5 just to get something convenient to move around with. If you've moved on from the JBL what are you using now?
I gave the jbl to the wife. I just don't rate tws tbh for similar reasons to you and as I'm rarely mobile the need went away. I mostly got for work vid calls as the cat likes cables too much but found the mic /voice over BT too sketchy.

Fwiw the jbl sounded OK after a bit of eq, but not compared to some decent wired iem. Best sounding tws I had though were the cheap sony 500s.

OP
B

bmarshall

I gave the jbl to the wife. I just don't rate tws tbh for similar reasons to you and as I'm rarely mobile the need went away. I mostly got for work vid calls as the cat likes cables too much but found the mic /voice over BT too sketchy.

Fwiw the jbl sounded OK after a bit of eq, but not compared to some decent wired iem. Best sounding tws I had though were the cheap sony 500s.
Yeah fair enough. EQ is next when I can find a good tip. They are miles better than any other Bluetooth buds I've heard (never had anything expensive mind you) but like you say these things always fall in comparison to something wholely superior, especially when most of your listening is on the "good" setup!

Top Bottom