• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth DAC in armrest for Nissan's car audio

TechnoBard

Hi guys. At first, I'm happy to join and be part of community :)

Foundation:
I own a Nissan with a Bose system with subwoofer combained with old fashioned Nav and the bluetooth sound quality is so bad, that I thought something is wrong with speakers and replaced them with, suprise, no effect at all. The FM and CD works OK but sound is also not as good as I could expect from Bose. But way, way better.
It is well known issue for cars like mine that despite it is not that old car (2019), the system is basing on 2009 tech.

Idea:
I have decided to spend some euros (I'm based in EU) to find DAC receiver with bluetooth so I can just put in in my armrest, which is about 20x15x7 cm. It appeared that almost all DAC fits this space and also there are some "things" I could connect the DAC to as one can see in the foto below (under clap there is USB port and on the left there is power supply)

public.jpeg

DACs:
So I have found that I need something without mic, so I won't lose proper working hands free calls
Also I do not need a battery.
It must start and automatically connect with remote bluetooth device
(f.e. my phone)
But I would love to have something to have low frequency stronger (I'm bass head) so equalizer/good software is almost mandatory.
Of course would love to have LDAC

After a lot of reading:
1) Topping BC3 (super cheap and fits my needs?)
2) xDuoo XQ-50 Pro2 (I love the price and design. Has no mic etc.)
3) Qudelix-5K (starts to get more expensive but on another hand there is equalizer/app. Unfortunately it looks like mobile device which I don't like)
4) Fiio BTR5 (know nothing but I heard it's known for good bass)
5) Topping DX3 Pro+ (expensive and wonder if is not an overkill)
6) Topping D50s (same as above)

Budget:
It depends on the DAC: cheaper is better. But I'd like to spend not more than 200$/E. Looking for quality/price perfect ratio.

Conclusion:
The XQ-50 Pro2 looks perfect. It's about 90$ and looks solid. On another hand it is outdated and lacks of equalizer/app.

Question:
What would you choose?
What would you recommend for such setup? I'm up to other options too.

BR:)

Attachments

• IMG_7230.jpeg
    IMG_7230.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 67

staticV3

Master Contributor
What would you choose?
Qudelix.
You can disconnect the built-in battery in the App and make it so that it automatically turns on and off with the car.
That makes it strictly USB-powered, just like other stationary BT receivers.

The App and EQ capabilities are way better than anything else on the list.

What would you recommend for such setup?
At some point down the line, consider buying a miniDSP UMIK-1 measurement microphone to properly EQ your car. That does not mean giving up strong bass.

Last edited:
OP
T

TechnoBard

Qudelix.
You can disconnect the built-in battery in the App and make it so that it automatically turns on and off with the car.
That makes it strictly USB-powered, just like other stationary BT receivers.

The App and EQ capabilities are way better than anything else on the list.
Thanks for the reply. I found already one of your post where you also recommended the device and that's why it went on my list :) Just was wondering if anything has changed since 2021 and if there is some fresh new thing worth adding some money to the budget.

Top Bottom