• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

These guys make it look so easy - drywall taping & applying mud

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
After drywalling my basement in a prior house I should have hired a professional. Thomas was too far away though!

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Drywalling is like Lego with mild forethought required. Mudding is an art - and not my strong suite. As much as I would like to get into Venetian plaster, I have a 'can't see the forest for the trees' issue whenever I try to level something by eye.

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Drywalling is like Lego with mild forethought required. Mudding is an art - and not my strong suite. As much as I would like to get into Venetian plaster, I have a 'can't see the forest for the trees' issue whenever I try to level something by eye.

Hey neighbour!

Webninja

Forum Donor
I agree, and I even bought nice tools last time I tried to mud. Didn’t help the final outcome.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I agree, and I even bought nice tools last time I tried to mud. Didn’t help the final outcome.

For a long time I blamed it on the localized distortion my glasses caused. But, after getting laser eye surgery 3 year ago - I also tried the good tools route - I have to admit that it is something I just suck at.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
After drywalling my basement in a prior house I should have hired a professional. Thomas was too far away though!

I'd have to sack him as he's playing with his food here . Backhanded trowel work like that is not at all ergonomic either .

Still he's clean so will save money on laundry bills ha ha

zermak

That's funny to watch actually... Imagine doing that for an entire brick walls room and ceiling :p Never done it myself, my dad does, a very handy man (he probably could build you a house from scratch and well we/he renewed ours just few years ago) :)

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
From my unprofessional eye it seems like he's going back & forth more than required or more than a true expert.

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Thomas what music do you drywall to? I suppose head-banging music would be out

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
mental image popping in my mind - gonna have nightmares now

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
My parent's house (and the house I grew up in) was all plaster - built in 1954 - and had really nice cove ceilings - where the ceiling came down the wall where cove molding would normally be - and a beautiful pattern in the ceiling. I suppose that's a lost art today.

Top Bottom