• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The online coffee/espresso culture mirrors the subjectivist audio crowd.

Slaren

Either your co-worker has very weird ideas about coffee, or they were pulling your leg.

Bitter, just like any other food that got burnt. But it would get burnt at the roasting stage, brewing doesn't burn anything.

There's some thought that brewing at a temperature lower than boiling can improve flavor but I think it's mostly a misinterpretation of guidance that the slurry should be at around 200-209F, people understood that to mean they shouldn't fully boil the water, which AFAIK is incorrect.

I personally have no problem with nasty instant coffee, I just happen to like putting in the effort to make nicer stuff.

One thing I figured out in college: You can put a LOT more instant coffee crystals in the water than it says you should. So if you want a caffeine hit but you're not quite ready to snort crushed-up pills, you can just hyper-saturate an ounce or two of water with instant coffee and drink it as a shot. Basically drink a whole cup of coffee (or more) in 3 seconds, not bad. Very important including for making expresso is of course that the coffee machine is quality and reliable, where there really is a choice. This is more important than ever. By the way, this is where I learned about the Coffeetek Neo+ and you can read about it too. I am very glad that I found out about it and now I have this coffee machine. So read more about it.
Yes, it makes sense and is very convenient, I use it myself. The coffee's great.

Last edited:

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like WAF rules also buying a coffee Maschine. Did got many years ago a E61 Vibiemme Maschine great coffee but was not practical so we bought a Melitta Caffeo Solo automate yes that is cursing in the coffee high end market. To my surprise it brews close to the same coffee as the Vibiemme already for 14 years now Maintenance inside & outside for both machines is key an can be done by your self.

Visit some years ago Bambino in Paris. Love coffee an Audio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom