• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Technical Pro brand amps on Ebay

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That is peak power, not rms. The rms ratings are shown in the ad also.

OP
T

technophreak

Knew that from the specs read before posting. The post was more a reaction to the price vs. Posted specs. You know what, I don't even know anymore.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

dezza

scroll down and second review says it is only 30 watts per channel.

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The first hint that this is bunk should be advertising 2000 watts power without a three-phase power plug (how would that work on a 15A circuit?). The second hint should be a "pro" piece of equipment with only unbalanced RCA inputs. At least on the Technical Pro website they admit that this is a 240 watts @ 8 ohm amp (2000 is "peak") with a 79 dB singal-to-noise ratio.

EdTice

The first hint that this is bunk should be advertising 2000 watts power without a three-phase power plug (how would that work on a 15A circuit?). The second hint should be a "pro" piece of equipment with only unbalanced RCA inputs. At least on the Technical Pro website they admit that this is a 240 watts @ 8 ohm amp (2000 is "peak") with a 79 dB singal-to-noise ratio.

So its significantly better than the $1500 Wyred4Sound amp that Amir reviewed at 1/10th the price! And you don't need eBay you can get it in Walmart. No, I won't be purchasing because I don't have much use for a 79db amplifier. Especially when thinks like the Echo Link Amp are available for US$200 and score much better. If I wanted a high power amp I'd go for the recommended Behringer A800 because there are no fans. last thing you need is fan noise when you already have only 79db to work with. But if you look at what's on the recommended list in that price range, well there isn't much and what is there are very low-power amps (other than the Behringer).

Top Bottom