• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Selling Tip

• Thread starter Deleted member 60987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 60987

Been trying to sell some headphones like the 280 Pro since I keep buying more and finding a lot of competition on Ebay, Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for the same pair, and found this:

Hopefully it is a good size because $8 with free shipping adds a nice freebie other people WON'T have. 280 Pro IN a hardshell case. Makes shipping safer, and if it doesn't work you can never have enough good containers. I also have more headphone amps than I need so might package one of them at 40%.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 60987

Been trying to sell some headphones like the 280 Pro since I keep buying more and finding a lot of competition on Ebay, Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for the same pair, and found this:

Hopefully it is a good size because $8 with free shipping adds a nice freebie other people WON'T have. 280 Pro IN a hardshell case. Makes shipping safer, and if it doesn't work you can never have enough good containers.
Actually there are similar models with the same price and free shipping. Competition is great for buyers. A pain for sellers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264883574936

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've bought and sold audio equipment for years. If you clean stuff really well and note that in the listing, it always sells faster. Also noting you'll pack it really well and ship quickly. It means a lot to buyers if it's always been in a non smoking environment and lots of close in photos.
I always buy bundles but rarely sell them since people see it as free items, or they already have cables etc. eBay is obvious, Mercari is good because they do paid listing on Google AdWords sometimes and show up on Google shopping. Offerup! can be good too, even Posh has an electronic section for things.
I'd avoid auctions when the economy is uncertain or down. If you have to, make sure it runs a week and ends between 5pm and 10pm EST which is when the big liquidators end them, so they can ship on Monday. People put off buying until then, because there's so many auctions expiring around that time.

Top Bottom