• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Surround post adjustment via mobile device and audio cues

drfrink24

An idea I had that might spur a discussion. I use Dirac on a 7.1.4 system, which sounds great and all.. but I also have partial hearing loss and the results after measurements (UMK-1) seem to bias the right side of the room (oddly enough, its my right ear that has more loss than left).

Got me thinking; What if post level/delay/etc calibration, an AVR could play a tightly focused set of tones that has spatial information and on your smartphone, you use directional arrows and adjust until the tone is exactly located in reality vs. calibrated expectations.

Granted, maybe the mic/dirac is already doing this anyway, but I wonder what the end results would be if you were able to really dial in the exact spatial 3D point that you're actually hearing vs. what is being measured.

Top Bottom