• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stick with DA-9 or Change to SMSL AO200 or A300

will5431

So because of a power surge, my SMSL DA-9 crapped out on me, now im considering to change to either a AO200 MK2 or an A300, from what i gathered in this forum the A300 has a better package minus the balanced output option that i have never used, Both the AO200 and A300 have SW out which is nice. Im using a Klipsch R50M, have got a D50S Topping which receives input from my PC via USB. Where im from im not given the luxury to return a product after ive bought it unless its defective. A300 is about 50$ cheaper. Altho ive got budget for eitherone.

ampguy

So because of a power surge, my SMSL DA-9 crapped out on me, now im considering to change to either a AO200 MK2 or an A300, from what i gathered in this forum the A300 has a better package minus the balanced output option that i have never used, Both the AO200 and A300 have SW out which is nice. Im using a Klipsch R50M, have got a D50S Topping which receives input from my PC via USB. Where im from im not given the luxury to return a product after ive bought it unless its defective. A300 is about 50$ cheaper. Altho ive got budget for eitherone.
I enjoy the a300 with its sub out, filtering and eq and high power, but make note that it does not measure as well as other amps, although for me, it sounds excellent, and the fixed hi and lo pass filters for the sub out are great for my particular setup ls 50s and a rel ht 1205

wavetrade

I am really happy with the A300. I have two Fosi V3's that I think sound ever so slightly better, but it is close enough I can't be sure. The A300 is working perfectly for my living room setup with the sub out and two lines in. I use separate DAC's for my TV and Mac. Primary music is coming in via an E50 then going out to a mix of speakers, right now using Paradigm Premier 100's and a Rel T5X subwoofer. Sounds out of this world good to me.

I do kind of wish I bought the AO200 though as I would like to try a balanced connection with the E50. But I feel another integrated amp will compel hitting the buy button soon. Eying the Topping PA7 Pro.

Opus_003

Top Bottom