• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Start to appreciate HD58X more and more!

shinewu

Especially after EQing. The bass is still not tight and highs are not crystal clear. But:
1) They are super light and comfortable. And I can throw them around without too much worry.
2) They are louder due to higher sensitivity, and definitely more forward in the mids. This works SOOO well for vocals.
3) The laid-back presentation is suitable for more casual listening, like when I am typing something on ASR. :)

For comparison I also have AKG K712, Hifiman Sundara and HE6SE. Technical wise, HE6SE is fabulous, and the bass is memorizing. But comfort wise, I can't wear either Hifiman for too long. I actually switch between HD58X and K712 most of the time. I now start to appreciate comfort more and more. My next upgrade will be either HD800S (or HD900 if it ever comes) and/or Empyrean due to their widely praised comfort.

kiyu

I got my HD58X almost 2 months ago and I love them.
so far I haven't do any EQ.
would you be so kind to send me the setting that you use?

I am clearly not an expert and this is my first Headphone, but due to the price (170) I think is amazing. as I like them very much I might get a second-hand 660s.
I might also go with the following but in time..
HarmonicDyne Zeus 350$ probably next month.
DT 1990 pro, (completely different style)
I would also love Focal Elex, but due to many QC report I am a bit afraid on getting those.

well from HD 58x to H800s is a big big big jump, what about HD8xx? but you will have to wait till Nov/December

Top Bottom