• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Starlink is very good

OP
Brian Hall

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Download speed on Xbox today using Starlink:

20240315_145739.jpg

OP
Brian Hall

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
If you get Starlink and have an Eversolo DMP-A6, go into the network settings on the DMP-A6, disable DHCP and assign it a fixed IP address.

Then in the Eversolo app on your phone clear the existing DMP-A6 connection and go to add new.
On the DMP-A6 go to the network settings phone connection part. It will show two QR codes.
With the phone app, scan the QR code on the right side of the screen on the DMP-A6.

Until I did that I was getting a cannot connect to device on the phone app every time after the DMP-A6 had been turned off.

The Wiim Pro Plus does not have that issue so I guess the Eversolo app expects the local IP address to not change and the Wiim app scans your network each time to find any Wiim devices.

OP
Brian Hall

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
Some more information. I had a small obstruction from one big oak tree in the best location the default cable could reach. I ordered the 45 meter (148 foot) cable and installed the antenna out in the middle of my field with zero obstructions. I was slightly concerned the much longer cable might have at least some negative effect on the speeds I was getting.

No change. I'm hitting 220 low to 300+ Mbps now and the latency is showing 19 Ms currently, 42 max.

It is always fun digging a 140 foot trench and then filling it back in when the pipe is in. I ran the cable through 1 inch diameter PVC pipe and buried it 3 inches deep. At least the weather was perfect. 72 degrees and sunny.

Edited to add: Music still sounds great even though Starlink doesn't sell audiophile quality cable. ;)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It is always fun digging a 140 foot trench and then filling it back in when the pipe is in. I ran the cable through 1 inch diameter PVC pipe and buried it 3 inches deep. At least the weather was perfect. 72 degrees and sunny.
F U N ! ... OMG you have a very different fun factor than I. I grew up on a farm, there was never a shortage of chores, wood to buck up for the stoves and fireplaces, animals to care for, machines to prepare for the next chores, boulders to dig up, manure to shovel or spread around and if I got to service my dirt bike motorcycle and go for a nice ride way up into the British Columbia mountains I was doing pretty well.

OP
Brian Hall

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
F U N ! ... OMG you have a very different fun factor than I. I grew up on a farm, there was never a shortage of chores, wood to buck up for the stoves and fireplaces, animals to care for, machines to prepare for the next chores, boulders to dig up, manure to shovel or spread around and if I got to service my dirt bike motorcycle and go for a nice ride way up into the British Columbia mountains I was doing pretty well.

Ok, I admit that statement was a bit facetious. Still it is always nice being outside on a perfect day. We generally go from too cold, but still humid to too hot with ridiculous humidity with just a month or so of perfect days here.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, I admit that statement was a bit facetious. Still it is always nice being outside on a perfect day. We generally go from too cold, but still humid to too hot with ridiculous humidity with just a month or so of perfect days here.
... and that is a major reason why I like Alberta. The winters are dry and sunny albeit a dry cold which I am accustomed to and have very good warm clothing for and the summer gets dry hot for ~4 weeks but after ~11 pm after the sun goes down the temp drops like a rock and the night is cool and dry. Summers here are really good that way. I have not made my way over to the central east side of The USA where Oklahoma is because it is a far distance from the west side of Canada. My USA road trip travels are the West Coast, Central Plains and Deserts all the way to near the Mexico border. Never been to Mexico and have no intention that way. Does not interest me @ all.

OP
Brian Hall

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
... and that is a major reason why I like Alberta. The winters are dry and sunny albeit a dry cold which I am accustomed to and have very good warm clothing for and the summer gets dry hot for ~4 weeks but after ~11 pm after the sun goes down the temp drops like a rock and the night is cool and dry. Summers here are really good that way. I have not made my way over to the central east side of The USA where Oklahoma is because it is a far distance from the west side of Canada. My USA road trip travels are the West Coast, Central Plains and Deserts all the way to near the Mexico border. Never been to Mexico and have no intention that way. Does not interest me @ all.

Sounds nice. I've experienced nearly all 50 states, excluding Alaska and Hawaii when I was traveling a lot for work. The only Canadian city I visited was Vancouver when I was doing some work in Seattle. I visited Juarez, Tijuana and Mexicali in Mexico when I was working close to them.

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Never been to Mexico and have no intention that way. Does not interest me @ all.
Me neither except for Jaurez, but I really want to do a tequila tour. That would not interest you?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sounds nice. I've experienced nearly all 50 states, excluding Alaska and Hawaii when I was traveling a lot for work. The only Canadian city I visited was Vancouver when I was doing some work in Seattle. I visited Juarez, Tijuana and Mexicali in Mexico when I was working close to them.
I have been across Canada and as mentioned a fair amount of the USA and it is very obvious to me that there are many more subcultures in The USA than in Canada. The USA has wayyy more culture. I really want to see Alaska both in summer and winter. To go snowmobiling up a glacier and then climb a peak would be a dream come true. Florida gets me tweaked too. I think the huge assortment of wildlife and fishing is a pastime I would definitely participate in if I where in Florida. I'm scared of Mexico... LoL. Hawaii does not get me tweaked for some reason.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Me neither except for Jaurez, but I really want to do a tequila tour. That would not interest you?
Gold tequila is delicious. Silver not so much. Yes, now that you mention it to do an artisan type tequila tour and get to taste test the small tequila producers product would be cool.

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
. Hawaii does not get me tweaked for some reason.
Now I want to change your mind on this too! I have only been to the big island but it seems right up your alley at least as I imagine you from your posts. Rent a 4WD and get off the beaten track, amazing beaches hard to get to, The Volcanos park. Unbelievable snorkeling. 14000 ft Mauna Kea. Whales and turtles, maybe a tiger shark if you are very unlucky!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Now I want to change your mind on this too!
Fly @ it! Let's see you try. :D
I have only been to the big island but it seems right up your alley at least as I imagine you from your posts.
I see. Thanks for thinking of me... :D LoL.
Rent a 4WD and get off the beaten track, amazing beaches hard to get to, The Volcanos park. Unbelievable snorkeling. 14000 ft Mauna Kea. Whales and turtles, maybe a tiger shark if you are very unlucky!
I am very scared of fish that eat meat like me for dinner. It makes no sense to me to swim with sharks. But I do enjoy a nice scuba dive like the next guy/gal. I have been to 154 feet deep. Don't tell the scuba people that I did that! I am scared of killer whales a lot too. I won't even stick my feet in the water if killer whales are near. I saw what they do to seals for fun and food. Turtles are nice and gentle I think if not harassed. Big fat huge whales I have no issue with and welcome that. Regarding 14000 ft Mauna Kea I am definitely not into hiking/climbing up that! Too much effort for me. If there is skiing down Mauna Kea I can do that...Hehe. I am more the hang loose, eat some delicious new to me nice snacks, have a few cold beverages, people watch and maybe go for a jet ski and cat sailing before scuba, whale watching/swimming and yes renting a Jeep so I can explore the off road to remote beaches would be ace. I like Jeeps. I can handle the heat and cold alike so I am not limited that way when I go places. I guess I would enjoy the Big island!

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like Jeeps. I can handle the heat and cold alike so I am not limited that way when I go places. I guess I would enjoy the Big island!
I will PM you a spot to go witha Jeep.

Top Bottom