• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound Monitors with TRUE Ribbon tweeters

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe Dali uses a hybrid dome/ribbon tweeter.

OP
G

guy soundy

Sorry for the naive question...
What's that bad in AMT tweeters?
It's not bad, but non-AMT ribbon tweeters are usually far better ones

I am pretty sure the ADAM ones are AMT ones

unpluggged

It's not bad, but non-AMT ribbon tweeters are usually far better ones
You need to provide factual data when making such bold statements.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't it the general consensus?
ASR requires claims to be based on objective data, not on hearsay or subjective reviews regardless of the reputation of the reviewer in the audiophile world. Too much fake news ...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

OP
G

guy soundy

ASR requires claims to be based on objective data, not on hearsay or subjective reviews regardless of the reputation of the reviewer in the audiophile world. Too much fake news ...
Understandable, however, I don't understand much of the technicalities. I got the feeling that while AMT Ribbons are good, they more or less an efficient type of tweeter whereas non-AMT Ribbons are more fully powered because of the design

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Understandable, however, I don't understand much of the technicalities. I got the feeling that while AMT Ribbons are good, they more or less a efficient type of tweeter whereas non-AMT Ribbons are more fully powered because of the design
I absolutly understand you. We read a lot about tweeters here and there and over time develop a feeling, which unfortunately is not based on objective facts. Such is life, and it is very difficult to keep a clear mind and don't trust those feelings. Been there, done that.

Top Bottom