• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz LA-QXD1 sound glitches on coax input

I_L_Music

hello Sashoir - have you found the solution. I received my Soncoz few days back and started having sound glitches issues. Mine is powered with Apple iphone adaptor 5v/1amp

Dear Alekksander, thank you for your reply. I don't believe the interruptions I've experienced are interference-based (though I could be wrong).

There may be something "wrong" with my AC power supply (though I very much doubt it) or my AC/DC adaptors (also doubtful, but slightly less so), but my best hypothesis is loose connections.

I have had some other problems (such as power on but no input able to be selected), so I'd not be astonished at QC issues in the manufacturing process.

Sashoir

Forum Donor
hello Sashoir - have you found the solution. I received my Soncoz few days back and started having sound glitches issues. Mine is powered with Apple iphone adaptor 5v/1amp
Dear I L music, my "solution" is basically blocks of wood with (poorly) carved notches and grooves in them so that the cables are held motionless and parallel to the floor on the same level as the sockets (same sort of principle as a billiards spider), so that the connexions are secure; this seems to have done the trick.
I hope something similar will be able to resolve your issue!
Best,
S

CyBorek

Dear I L music, my "solution" is basically blocks of wood with (poorly) carved notches and grooves in them so that the cables are held motionless and parallel to the floor on the same level as the sockets (same sort of principle as a billiards spider), so that the connexions are secure; this seems to have done the trick.
I hope something similar will be able to resolve your issue!
Best,
S

I think I don't understand fully your solution.
Could you present photo of it?
I have an issue with short pauses (like 0.1s) every few minutes (3 to 5) playing sound via optic/toslink from my OLED TV. There is no issue when playing using USB input.

I used many different ac chargers and a powerbank (5V/3A). Same problem.

Mulder

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think I don't understand fully your solution.
Could you present photo of it?
I have an issue with short pauses (like 0.1s) every few minutes (3 to 5) playing sound via optic/toslink from my OLED TV. There is no issue when playing using USB input.

I used many different ac chargers and a powerbank (5V/3A). Same problem.
This seems to be a problem with the incoming signal. The DAC is unable to lock the signal. Unfortunately is this a problem that I have found to in my DAC from Topping. When this now occour in another DAC from another company, I start to wonder what kind of quality control there is from the producer.

CyBorek

This seems to be a problem with the incoming signal. The DAC is unable to lock the signal. Unfortunately is this a problem that I have found to in my DAC from Topping. When this now occour in another DAC from another company, I start to wonder what kind of quality control there is from the producer.
In my case i changed two things:
1. I have removed miBox from the top of the soncoz (it was physically stacked SMSL-DA9>Soncoz>miBox). Now miBox is next to it. It helped with temps.
2. I have changed the optical cable for new one
So far so good.

Top Bottom