• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Somehow scary??

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
But also absolutly fascinating.

They don't show you all of the failed attempts, but I agree that it's very impressive. Boston Dynamics' main location is right down the street from the Costco I shop at. It's cool getting a tiny peak into the warehouse when they have the bays open.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As an engineer with control and robotics background I am always fascinated by their level of progress and speed of robust multiactuator control. By the way the were recently bought by Hyundai as a part of their wider sense mobility scheme, Korea and China are acting strategically clever and also acquired the German production robot manufacturer Kuka, in my opinion allowing such companies to being sold these are huge national strategic mistakes.

D

Deleted member 48726

As an engineer with control and robotics background I am always fascinated by their level of progress and speed of robust multiactuator control. By the way the were recently bought by Hyundai as a part of their wider sense mobility scheme, Korea and China are acting strategically clever and also acquired the German production robot manufacturer Kuka, in my opinion allowing such companies to being sold these are huge national strategic mistakes.
Agreed. I see this a lot. Selling medicine corporations, wind turbine tech and so forth. With good intentions now but in a decade there is a lot of knowledge gone to parts of the world that may not be using it for good.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's all about the 10-Ks and 10-Qs to the investors. "How much?" and "How soon?" are hallmarks of the modern western investor.
Exactly, greed for short term profit rules and ruins good old companies.

MAB

Major Contributor
And they dance too. This is ASR so start the music:
Agreed with the comments here, this type of technology requires strategic thinking, and care...

Also, how do you casually stand with your hands in your pockets when this is happening? I would be losing my mind!!!
1674323551946.png

I guess they've seen it all before!

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't get this. You can teach a human, eventually, to check for the daily scaffold inspection tag before use. Why is it so hard to get a robot to do it?

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As long as they are gentle taking care of us in our memory care wards instead of simply terminating us as unnecessary users of precious resources.
'Westworld' now only a decade or so away.

We will all end up being pursued through concrete tunnels by robotic Yul Brenners, mark my words.

Reactions: MAB
OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
And they dance too. This is ASR so start the music:
Agreed with the comments here, this type of technology requires strategic thinking, and care...

Also, how do you casually stand with your hands in your pockets when this is happening? I would be losing my mind!!!
View attachment 258870
I guess they've seen it all before!

This movie is somehow surreal to me. It gives me a mixture of emotions. Its strange.

Reactions: MAB
OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I don't get this. You can teach a human, eventually, to check for the daily scaffold inspection tag before use. Why is it so hard to get a robot to do it?

Couse the robot has not to care. ;)

Top Bottom