• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So im trying to create a parametric EQ in REW to convert to a WAV convolution file...

Yviena

Using this preset from autoEQ for my headphones

1605746317207.png

I've done this already, and made a convolution mono wav file with these settings, but idk something still sounds weird to me, do i need to invert the gain values from + to -, and - to +, or is there any other settings i need to change here?
1605746620376.png

Justin Zazzi

How did you convert what you see in these screenshots into a wave file?

terasankka

Why don't you just add those figures manually to the Roon EQ? Much easier. I think the value of REW is if you actually measure your speakers or headphones and generate the wavs, but manually .... I. would just use the Roon EQ.

OP
Y

Yviena

Why don't you just add those figures manually to the Roon EQ? Much easier. I think the value of REW is if you actually measure your speakers or headphones and generate the wavs, but manually .... I. would just use the Roon EQ.
Well REW should be able to directly convert PEQ into convolution wav files just need to find the correct settings to use in target/filter tasks, and I don't really have a use for ROON barring maybe the DSP features.

terasankka

Well REW should be able to directly convert PEQ into convolution wav files just need to find the correct settings to use in target/filter tasks, and I don't really have a use for ROON barring maybe the DSP features.

You are right. It is very early here and pre-morning-coffee for me, so I was actually thinking I was on the Roon Labs Community Forum, so I assumed everyone was using Roon. :rolleyes::D

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Using this preset from autoEQ for my headphones

View attachment 94414

I've done this already, and made a convolution mono wav file with these settings, but idk something still sounds weird to me, do i need to invert the gain values from + to -, and - to +, or is there any other settings i need to change here?
View attachment 94415
Are you sure that a flat target curve is what you like? From my little understanding, most people don't.

OP
Y

Yviena

Are you sure that a flat target curve is what you like? From my little understanding, most people don't.

I don't believe it's correcting to a flat curve though but to the harman target curve.

mgabr

I missed the -1.8 dB / oct from 1 kHz. But still doesn't look like the Harman target curve for headphones.
20191126175558_Listen-Harman-Predictive-Model-Results-SoundCheck02Web.jpg
lovely,
however i found myself dealing with 2 different scenarios:
1.using a pc to control a pink Faun I2S externally powered pci card so using REW the REW EQ ,THEN SAVING A TEXT FILE AND L;OADED IT IN APO Eq the result was very good and pleasantly audible,
2.Using a wyred 4sound MS1 music server with usb and reclocker connected to a Denafrips terminator Plus.
so in this setup I opened the text file i exported from REW Eq and copied the filter one by one into the roon Parametric Eq.

my setup is
w4s MS1
w4s linear power supply
w4s reclocker
Denafrips Terminator Plus
Mcintosh MA352
Kimber braided cable8tc
Xlr cables from sommercable germany
focal Sopra No3
REL acoustics dual stereo 212xe subwoofers using hi level input from the same amplifier terminals
home system.jpg
home system final measurement.jpg
4185.jpg

Last edited:

mgabr

I would love to know how to generate a wav file from REW if possible
Thanks

mgabr

thanks,
done,i completly missed it
it is so easy to implement,a dream
however it sounds much better than using the same filters in the parametric eq section inroon.
still need to find out why.
cheers
Convolution is the most powerful type of equalizer software. For math reasons you collect alot more data points than parametric.

Top Bottom