• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Since Audio Research is off the market -- anyone want to buy a loudspeaker company? :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

Ohm is for sale, it appears.
Pretty reasonably priced -- about the same price as a decent house on a decent sized piece of property here in 2023. ;)

centerfold.696x0.jpg

I actually have a pair of Ohm Walsh 2s in the basement -- they're not bad, actually.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
* Building Size: 5,000 Sq Ft
• Monthly Rent: $6,000
• Payroll: $340,000 per Year
• Number of Employees: 7 FT

this is your liability

Gross Revenue:
$900,000
Cash Flow:
$250,000
(Seller's Discretionary Earnings)
EBITDA:
Not Disclosed
Inventory:
$70,000
not included in asking price

no ebitda

i dont think this is a functional business or its barely hanging on

OP
mhardy6647

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Ohm is hanging on, at least.
They still have a market presence, even if a small one.
They also still support some, perhaps even many, of their legacy products -- although I don't think that their flagship, the Ohm F, is one of them. ;)

ohmfs.jpg

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I was invited to hang out for a few hours in his demo space at the Capitol AudioFest a few years ago. Very cool and chill man who seemed so content it gave my DC-native Type A-ish personality the heebie jeebies :D

He happily sat in a chair enjoying music while uptight 'audiophiles' occasionally strolled in and peppered him with questions about what source components, etc. he was using. One guy sat in a chair for all of 5 seconds, stood up and said it must be digital music because his ears hurt from excess high frequency. The Ohm owner opened his eyes and thanked the man for stopping in, then closed his eyes again and resumed enjoying the music; he had a mile-wide smile the whole time.

In a side room he had a ceiling system set up. I don't remember if it was Atmos or not. He was still finishing development from what I remember. He would stroll in to answer questions every now and then, and return to his listening chair in the stereo room.

He was probably too young to be from the hippie generation, but he was no spring chicken either. Now 5+ years later I could see him being ready to retire, and spend more time listening instead of dealing with suppliers, shipping, and the other demands of owning/ running a business. And he definitely did not have a marketing mentality, which may be a big reason Ohm has been under the radar for a while now.

But boy was he a happy/ content person.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was invited to hang out for a few hours in his demo space at the Capitol AudioFest a few years ago. Very cool and chill man who seemed so content it gave my DC-native Type A-ish personality the heebie jeebies :D

He happily sat in a chair enjoying music while uptight 'audiophiles' occasionally strolled in and peppered him with questions about what source components, etc. he was using. One guy sat in a chair for all of 5 seconds, stood up and said it must be digital music because his ears hurt from excess high frequency. The Ohm owner opened his eyes and thanked the man for stopping in, then closed his eyes again and resumed enjoying the music; he had a mile-wide smile the whole time.

In a side room he had a ceiling system set up. I don't remember if it was Atmos or not. He was still finishing development from what I remember. He would stroll in to answer questions every now and then, and return to his listening chair in the stereo room.

He was probably too young to be from the hippie generation, but he was no spring chicken either. Now 5+ years later I could see him being ready to retire, and spend more time listening instead of dealing with suppliers, shipping, and the other demands of owning/ running a business. And he definitely did not have a marketing mentality, which may be a big reason Ohm has been under the radar for a while now.

But boy was he a happy/ content person.

Great story, and sounds like a wise man.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Salk Sound couldn't find a buyer and Jim is closing shop soon....

Top Bottom