• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

setup for turntable, TV and bluetooth audio

midnightsun

Hi guys!

I'm looking to build/improve my current system and would love to get some advice from you here.
What I currently have:
TV: LG C9, connected to active Adam Artist 3 speakers and a Jamo Sub660 over a 3.5mm to chinch cable
Turntable: Rega RP3 with Ortofon 2M bronze, Art DJ Pre II preamp, also connected to the sub and speakers with chinch cables

I would like to upgrade my speakers and not have to manually unplug cables to switch between TV and turntable and would also like to have the option for bluetooth audio without having to use my TV as audio source. The fewer devices and the cleaner the outcome, the better. Since my room is not treated and not really ideal, I also considered getting something like a DSP.

From what I can tell, my best option would be to get a miniDSP Flex, connecting preamp and turntable to the analog in and connecting the TV over toslink. As soon as I selected some new speakers (looking for medium sized tower speakers) I would have to connect them to the flex with a power amp (suggestions? do I need to select speakers first?) and could still use the other two analog outputs for the subwoofer.
Am I forgetting something? Is this a reasonable setup if I try to minimize the devices I need to have connected and care more about price efficiency than maximum performance?
Should I get the "normal" or balanced version and why?

Lastly, here is a quick sketch of my living room to give you an idea of the room we're dealing with.
index.php

OP
M

midnightsun

any suggestions or feedback?
Is the miniDSP suited for what I need?

Top Bottom