• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Alex333

IMG_8048.jpeg

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah, xover redesign was a known factor since the design has changed. This is the same answer for active or passive designs, and is always the result.

Holy Spirit

Too bad that Seas didn't bother to post modified DSP settings for the version with passive radiators. But luckily Hypex Filter Designer is free to download, so it was easy to extract DSP settings for KingRO4Y and now I can build it with my own with DIY electronics. To be honest Hypex products look cheap to me. And FusionAmp FA503 has a noisy fan...

Hornlyd

4 x L26ROY pr side :)

And that was just a preliminary (downscaled) mobile solution for fun at a show.

PS! Many reccomend 35 liter pr driver in a closed cabinet.

(Not my system but i have heard it, wow )

IamZeke

Sharing some progress with y'all
Hi,

First time poster in here.
I’m looking at this kit to make a pair of studio monitors. I know Seas has a build document for their kit and they state in their documentation that there’s a cnc file on their website but I can’t find it.

@prodby430 I see you added an extra sub rather than the passive radiators. How did you calculate the size of the cabinet for the extra sub? Do you have any cnc file for the cabinet or a drawing of the measurements?

Lastly, did you find that the 503 amp fans to be noisy?

I know I’m asking for a lot but I appreciate any help or advice you can give. Thanks!

Hornlyd

This is from Madisound:

The specifications suggest using this woofer with the matching passive raditor SL26R. You could also use this woofer in either a sealed box or open baffle, but you will need to use an equalizer or bass boost to extend the low end. Using in in 0.6 cubic foot sealed box without any boost will give you an F3 of about 70Hz. Using this sealed box in a vehicle with 6dB of cabin gain will get down to 30Hz. Modeled in BassBox.

If you go for the standard L26ROY (not 4 layer VC) you can use 1,5-2,5 Cubic feet closed cabinet pr bass and get very clean and deep bass and fast impulserespons. And you reduse internal air turbulence / distortion because of the large internal volume.

Hornlyd

Here in Norway it is a lot of large high end systems with Seas L26ROY both with and without 4 layer VC:

This is an up and coming one theese days:

IamZeke

Thanks for the reply @Hornlyd. I may trying building the kit as is. I wanted to try the Hypex FusionAmp FA503 but it seems it has mixed reviews and the fans are noisy. Might be too much for a studio.

Gremlins

In listening conditions, its impossible to here the fan, IMPOSSIBLE
Not even certain mesurements would catch it at 3 meters
Music off fan on,at 3m in a room, you really need to concentrate to here it ... room will be at 35db , higher than fan ...

Ludix95

Hi, Is there someone having the files for cnc cutting machine ? hope my english is not to bad and you guys understand me :facepalm:
Thank you anyway
Yannick

Top Bottom