• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Searching for a DAP with strict requirements

Hello,

I am currently rocking a Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox, but it is slowly dying (jack desoldering and battery wear). I also have a Fuze+ in case of actual player death, but its touch interface is horrendous. So I'm searching for a new DAP with the following features:
* Physical buttons
* Vorbis or Opus playback
* Good replaygain support (i.e. album mode and reading of the peak value)
* Snappy OS and simple mass storage USB mode; no Android
* SD card slot
* No wi-fi connectivity and bluetooth that can be disabled (or no bluetooth at all)
* Small factor size
* "Good" battery life
* Album shuffle

As you can guess, the last requirement is the one missing from most players. Does anyone have an idea?

Hello,

I am currently rocking a Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox, but it is slowly dying (jack desoldering and battery wear). I also have a Fuze+ in case of actual player death, but its touch interface is horrendous. So I'm searching for a new DAP with the following features:
* Physical buttons
* Vorbis or Opus playback
* Good replaygain support (i.e. album mode and reading of the peak value)
* Snappy OS and simple mass storage USB mode; no Android
* SD card slot
* No wi-fi connectivity and bluetooth that can be disabled (or no bluetooth at all)
* Small factor size
* "Good" battery life
* Album shuffle

As you can guess, the last requirement is the one missing from most players. Does anyone have an idea?
I'm not sure if this check all your requirements, but I would take a look at the Cayin N3.