• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RTL (Round Trip Latency) measurements for Rode AI-1

Hausmeister

Wanted to share my RTL measurements for the Rode AI-1 audio interface, both with the Rode ASIO driver and ASIO4ALL. Measured with loopback using RTL Utility ver. 1.0.8

1709074265983.png

This is a good example against the advice "always use the ASIO driver supplied by the manufacturer", in this case ASIO4ALL performs much better. The weird thing is that the Rode ASIO driver reports much better values to the DAW when asked (it reports for example 320 samples or 6.66 ms for 48k and a buffer size of 128), but it does not deliver that reported latency. It took me quite a while to find that out, as I initially "believed" what the driver was reporting to Ableton. There is no 96k curve for the Rode driver because it does not work for this sample frequency.

I contacted Rode about this problem and they advised to use the ASIO4ALL driver instead of trying to fix their faulty driver :( It is a pity because this audio interface has a good headphone amp, it is very portable and well build.

Top Bottom