• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of NAD M51 DAC and Digital Preamp

Marc v E

Major Contributor
ATV converts everything to 48k regardless so sample rate wouldnt be the difference. This convo is making me want to get an old airport express though for the 44.1k bit perfect output...for science
I wouldn't worry about it. Things aren't perfect. The main reason I reacted to your post is that I recognised a lot of myself in your post. And that a measurement is usually a good starting point to know what is real. Apple has great software and user experience. If you want similar or better there hardly isn't any. Maybe Roon. But that would be based on other people's experience shared here on ASR.

Edit: and maybe LMS, the Logitech based software with the sqeezelite player. Everybody I hear is very positive about this.

Last edited:

AllanMarcus

Would you buy this for $400? I have the opportunity for a small, dedicated listening room. The remote volume is enticing to me. I will feed it PlexAmp from a Pi with an optical hat. Amp is an Emotiva XPA gen1, and speakers are Unifi's. Once the room is all set up and room treatments built and hung, I likely will upgrade the speakers. If $400 too good a deal to pass up?

georgehifi

@amirm : No, I only tested the USB and HDMI

Hi, is it possible those inputs were the cause of the distortion problem, and the aes/ebu, coax or toslink may have been clean of it??

Cheers George

Top Bottom