• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations for headphone DAC/Amp upgrade

Audioman93

Hello! I currently have a Schiit Fulla 2 that I want to upgrade from. I currently use a Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 Ohm headset that I use for music, games, and electric guitar recordings. So far I have it narrowed down to the Schiit Asgard 3 with the ESS9028 DAC or the Schiit Stack with a Heresy and maybe the multibit 2 or the ESS9018. I’m wondering what everyone thinks as to what would be the best upgrade path.
Thanks guys! Keep posting, I enjoy reviewing the forums in the meantime. Very informative.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Either the Modi/Heresy stack or the JDS Atom dac/ amp stack would be great. Personally would avoid the Multibit DACs. You're pretty much buying on looks between those 2 set ups.

Or maybe look at the Topping DX3pro plus for an all in one. Think all the above have been reviewed on here at some point

OP
A

Audioman93

Either the Modi/Heresy stack or the JDS Atom dac/ amp stack would be great. Personally would avoid the Multibit DACs. You're pretty much buying on looks between those 2 set ups.

Or maybe look at the Topping DX3pro plus for an all in one. Think all the above have been reviewed on here at some point
Thanks for the feedback! I’ve actually watched some videos and read some things on the Modius/Magnius Schiit Stack. They seem to perform really well and sound great too.

Top Bottom