• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qobuz now available in Canada

AudiOhm

Thanks for the heads up, I still listen to FM for free.

Not interested in paying for music, unless I own it...

Ohms

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree.
I'm an happy Qobuz user for 9 years.
No MQA BS. HiFi quality. No issues.

And, very important in my view, they seem to give back 10x more money to artists than Spotify and the likes.
Way more than any other streaming company.

And, yes, they also have songs from some of my friends :)

Last edited:

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the heads up, I still listen to FM for free.

Not interested in paying for music, unless I own it...

Ohms
I said that for a long time. I wishI had thought differently sooner.

AudiOhm

How much would you have to spend to "own" all your favourite recordings – and how long would it take you to acquire them?
I have most of them now.

Ohms

OP
steadilyfred

steadilyfred

I have most of them now.

Ohms

The whole "you don't own the music" argument against streaming isn't very convincing.

If you bought one $10 CD, LP, or digital album per month for 10 years, then you'd have amassed 120 albums. With an average of 12 tracks per album, you'd have invested $1,200 to acquire roughly 1,440 tracks.

In the case of Qobuz, I pay roughly $10 per month for lossless CD-quality (and greater) audio streaming. For the same $1,200 investment over 10 years, I'd have access to more than 100,000,000 tracks (and more as time goes on)... ALL FROM DAY ONE!

Most music streaming services, including Qobuz, allow you to download tracks for offline use. I might not "own" them, but my family and I can access our selected music whenever and wherever we want.

Even if streaming services double, triple, or quadruple their rates, I'm still getting better value for my money. In fact, I'd have saved so much money over that time that I could afford to buy physical copies (CDs, LPs) of any beloved recordings that might not be available through Qobuz.

AudiOhm

I purchased 90% of my music prior to any streaming services.

As of today, I will not pay for any music streaming service...

Ohms

BigFKahuna

Has anyone compared Qobuz to Deezer? Likely because I am used to Deezer I do like their interface better, I am wondering if the sound quality is worth the jump. I am not sure if I would notice the difference on my LS60's in a largely untreated room. I understand that the only way to tell is to try, but just wondering what others have found?

Top Bottom