• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Professor of Rock"????

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
I keep getting this guy's vids in my feed. Anyone else familiar with him? Anyone else find him as lame and annoying as I do?? lol. Seriously...I can't get through more than about 15 seconds of any of his vids I've tried to watch. Apparently, every schlocky 70s and 80s top 40 hit is one of the greatest songs ever written. The audacity of this guy anointing himself the "Professor" of rock music! Sheesh!

aedagnino

Well... just saw the video (and the guy for the first time). I just find him incredibly enthusiastic about music he loves, so I guess I frame his hyperbole as such. Just stop watching him if you find him annoying, I guess?

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only 'doc of rock' I'm familiar with has:

Two degrees in bebop
A PhD in swing
He's the master of rhythm
He's a rock 'n roll king

lf.jpg

deprogrammed

GettyImages-85000639_neil_peart_2000.jpg

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I keep getting this guy's vids in my feed. Anyone else familiar with him? Anyone else find him as lame and annoying as I do?? lol. Seriously...I can't get through more than about 15 seconds of any of his vids I've tried to watch. Apparently, every schlocky 70s and 80s top 40 hit is one of the greatest songs ever written. The audacity of this guy anointing himself the "Professor" of rock music! Sheesh!
I turned off the "feed" (using uBlock Origin). And I'm almost never logged in to a Google account so the only suggestions I get are when I load the youtube home page and I often wonder at the absurdity. "Is that what sells these days?" I ask myself out loud, showing the kind of grumpy old fart I am.

That said, I have the impression annoying sells. For example, Rick Beato sells. He is such bore, selling a dreary old ideology of "popular music was better in my day" as though that were some kind of original idea.

Idk. If you think of the internet as a mechanism to match sellers of ideology up with those that want to buy reinforcement and val;idation of their preferred ideology, you're going to end up with a lot of silly stuff being sold.

Top Bottom