• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problema Fosi Audio Bt30Pro

Guarnax02

Salve ragazzi ho acquistato da poco un fosi bt30pro ma mi sto accorgendo che rispetto al vecchio amplificatore c'è molta meno potenza, infatti mettendo la manopola del volume a metà ( in entrambi )ho registrato 73dB su una frequenza di 250Hz con il bt30pro, e invece col vecchio amplificatore che era un fosi zk-1002 alimentato a 12V-6.5A (quindi molto meno rispetto al BT30 pro che è 32V-5A) ho registrato sempre con una frequenza di 25 0Hz 87 dB ma secondo voi è una cosa normale? o è difettoso l'ampli, poi ho notato che scalda sui 46 gradi il bt30pro con una temperatura ambiente di circa 35, è molto come temperatura?? Grazie in anticipo per l'aiuto.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi guys I have recently bought a fosi bt30pro but I am noticing that compared to the old amplifier there is much less power, in fact putting the volume knob to half (in both) I recorded 73dB on a frequency of 250Hz with the bt30pro, and instead with the old amplifier which was a fosi zk-1002 powered at 12V-6. 5A (so much less than the BT30 pro which is 32V-5A) I recorded 87 dB at a frequency of 25 0Hz, but do you think this is normal or is the amp faulty, I also noticed that the bt30pro heats up to 46 degrees with an ambient temperature of about 35, is that a lot? Thank you in advance for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Check out DeepL Translator, it does a good job.

I take it the measurements you are referring to are SPL measurement taken with an SPL meter?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Salve ragazzi ho acquistato da poco un fosi bt30pro ma mi sto accorgendo che rispetto al vecchio amplificatore c'è molta meno potenza, infatti mettendo la manopola del volume a metà ( in entrambi )ho registrato 73dB su una frequenza di 250Hz con il bt30pro, e invece col vecchio amplificatore che era un fosi zk-1002 alimentato a 12V-6.5A (quindi molto meno rispetto al BT30 pro che è 32V-5A) ho registrato sempre con una frequenza di 25 0Hz 87 dB ma secondo voi è una cosa normale? o è difettoso l'ampli, poi ho notato che scalda sui 46 gradi il bt30pro con una temperatura ambiente di circa 35, è molto come temperatura?? Grazie in anticipo per l'aiuto.
Volume knob positions are meaningless. Putting them to the same position does not mean you are outputting the same power - or even the same % of power.

It depends on the gain of the amplifier - one could have higher gain, so reach full power with a different position, or the characteristics of the volume control may be different - for example one linear, and the other logarithmic characteristic.

Bear in mind at those SPL levels, you are probably only outputting around 1W of power - so only about 2V if the speakers are 4ohm. Nowhere near the limit of either PSU.

As long as you can turn the new amp up further so it reaches the volume you need, there is no problem.

And 11 degree temperature rise above ambient is fine.

OP
G

Guarnax02

Le posizioni della manopola del volume sono prive di significato. Metterli nella stessa posizione non significa che stai emettendo la stessa potenza - o anche la stessa % di potenza.

Dipende dal guadagno dell'amplificatore - uno potrebbe avere un guadagno maggiore, quindi raggiungere la piena potenza con una posizione diversa, oppure le caratteristiche del controllo del volume potrebbero essere diverse - ad esempio una caratteristica lineare e l'altra logaritmica.

Tieni presente che a quei livelli SPL, probabilmente stai emettendo solo circa 1 W di potenza, quindi solo circa 2 V se gli altoparlanti sono da 4 ohm. Da nessuna parte vicino al limite di entrambi gli alimentatori.

Finché puoi alzare ulteriormente il nuovo amplificatore in modo che raggiunga il volume di cui hai bisogno, non ci sono problemi.

E un aumento della temperatura di 11 gradi sopra la temperatura ambiente va bene.
Grazie per tutto, volevo solo dirti che ho effettuato le misurazioni con un multimetro di Voltaggio e Amperaggio in uscita da entrambi gli amplificatori e ho ottenuto i seguenti risultati:
-prima misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (BT30pro). Ho collegato l'amplificatore allo smartphone via bluetooth e ho ottenuto 15,5V e 1,68A
-seconda misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (BT30pro). Ho collegato l'amplificatore al computer attraverso il cavo aux e ho ottenuto 2,9V e 0,79A.
Misurazioni Fosi ZK-1002:
-prima misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (ZK-1002). Ho collegato l'amplificatore allo smartphone via bluetooth e ho ottenuto 10,34V e 1,31A.
-seconda misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (ZK-1002). Ho collegato l'amplificatore al computer attraverso il cavo aux e ho ottenuto 9,50V e 1,25A.

Queste sono le misurazioni che ho ottenuto inoltre mi sono informato sui potenziometri del volume di entrambi gli amplificatori e sono tutti e due lineari.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Grazie per tutto, volevo solo dirti che ho effettuato le misurazioni con un multimetro di Voltaggio e Amperaggio in uscita da entrambi gli amplificatori e ho ottenuto i seguenti risultati:
-prima misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (BT30pro). Ho collegato l'amplificatore allo smartphone via bluetooth e ho ottenuto 15,5V e 1,68A
-seconda misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (BT30pro). Ho collegato l'amplificatore al computer attraverso il cavo aux e ho ottenuto 2,9V e 0,79A.
Misurazioni Fosi ZK-1002:
-prima misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (ZK-1002). Ho collegato l'amplificatore allo smartphone via bluetooth e ho ottenuto 10,34V e 1,31A.
-seconda misurazione con una frequenza di 250Hz a volume massimo e con i controlli di tono lasciati standard (ZK-1002). Ho collegato l'amplificatore al computer attraverso il cavo aux e ho ottenuto 9,50V e 1,25A.

Queste sono le misurazioni che ho ottenuto inoltre mi sono informato sui potenziometri del volume di entrambi gli amplificatori e sono tutti e due lineari.
Thanks for everything, I just wanted to tell you that I made measurements with a multimeter of Voltage and Amperage output from both amplifiers and got the following results:
-first measurement with a frequency of 250Hz at maximum volume and with the tone controls left standard (BT30pro). I connected the amplifier to the smartphone via Bluetooth and got 15.5V and 1.68A
-second measurement with a frequency of 250Hz at maximum volume and with the tone controls left standard (BT30pro). I connected the amplifier to the computer through the aux cable and got 2.9V and 0.79A.
Fosi ZK-1002 measurements:
-First measurement with a frequency of 250Hz at maximum volume and with the tone controls left standard (ZK-1002). I connected the amplifier to the smartphone via Bluetooth and got 10.34V and 1.31A.
-second measurement with a frequency of 250Hz at maximum volume and with the tone controls left standard (ZK-1002). I connected the amplifier to the computer through the aux cable and got 9.50V and 1.25A.

These are the measurements I obtained also I inquired about the volume pots on both amplifiers and they are both linear.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

No point using the phone / bluetooth, since with two different bluetooth recievers, you don't know what voltage is put out from the bluetooth receiver to the amplifier (internally) - so you can't compare.

But even so - there is something wrong. In one case (phone), the BT30 gives you 50% more output voltage than the ZK. In the other (computer) the ZK gives you more than 3x the volts of the BT30

I think there must be something wrong with one of the test setups somewhere. I suspect the PC aux out wasn't set to the same voltage in each case.

I suggest testing ONLY with the PC - and measuring the voltage you are putting INTO the amp, as well as the voltage you get out of it. You also need to know the gain of the two amps.

You also need to make sure your meter is TrueRMS, AND is capable of correctly measuring 250Hz (Some are only accurate at mains frequencies of 50 or 60Hz)

Top Bottom