• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portabel, dac/amp and streaming services

W1ll1eTheP1mp

Hey. My galaxy a5 is broke and need to buy a new phone. Im mainly gonna use a streaming service ( spotify,tidal or qobuz, hasnt decided yet). Im cant decide between to buy a LG G7 ,v40, other phones that are know for good audio OR if i just should buy a cheap smartphone that fits my need and buy an portable dac/amp . My a5 has very low volume so something isnt optimal with it.

What is your experience with those phone's?

And what is known as one of the best portable dac/amps that also can drive up to 300ohms headphones(currently got oppo pm3 that ive heard scales well and im gonna buy a argon mk3 and prob a sennheiser 58x or one the the 6 series)?? Preferably not so much more than 200usd, but can ofc buy used!

And if i got it right, the dac needs to be mqa verifies to stream mqa from tidal?

And what streaming service do recommend/use?

Ps: thought about a DAP but to my understanding its not gonna provide me more soundquality than a phone( need also to use offline streamingservices).

Thanks!

Last edited:

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hey. My galaxy a5 is broke and need to buy a new phone. Im mainly gonna use a streaming service ( spotify,tidal or qobuz, hasnt decided yet). Im cant decide between to buy a LG G7 ,v40, other phones that are know for good audio OR if i just should buy a cheap smartphone that fits my need and buy an portable dac/amp . My a5 has very low volume so something isnt optimal with it.

Get a phone. LG G7 fit was for 150 on B&H

Top Bottom