• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please recommend loudspeaker cable... Professional but not extreme audiophile type

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Excellent (even exemplary) results can be achieved using very very cheap cable....

Personally I would choose the connectors I prefer, in terms of handling and appearance, and fit them to some cheap cable as per this DIY example - no need for more than that!

I like the Neutrik locking speaker connectors at the amps (if you use Pro amps they are quite common) - and my speakers require either spades or bananas for best results...

OP
J

jonwb

Thanks again for all the suggestions and links. I went with the Canare 4S11 Star Quad w/ Viborg BFA banana plugs. About $60 (including sleeve and heat-shrink) for two 11' cables. Also building new TS/RCA stereo cables (Mogami W2930) for my power amp and interface.

Top Bottom