• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please Help Me for a good set up

MLaranjeiras

Hey friends,
I’m still research and learning and learning
Read many test and results by @amirm
Amazing
Also I read about Marantz 8805 still don’t have good DAC !
I found audioHolics Gen love the Yamaha rx-A6A
Have 2 Chanel XLR
Also I found a brand new audio control XR6
Very reasonable price
So far other think I learn about av receiver is mostly not great for music compared to some DAC or integrated amplifier !
I’m still have minimal knowledge
Thank you guys
Yes. I realized that an integrated amplifier is a must for stereo. The AV receiver is a good Streamer for stereo. The Oppo BDP 105 is just a little better as a streamer and, of course, a great CD/SACD player.

Attachments

• P_20221230_144609.jpg
    P_20221230_144609.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
K

Kamrooz

Yes. I realized that an integrated amplifier is a must for stereo. The AV receiver is a good Streamer for stereo. The Oppo BDP 105 is just a little better as a streamer and, of course, a great CD/SACD player.
Looks great

MLaranjeiras

Looks great
Thank you. They are on a price range that I can afford and I like this set. I have also a Mac Mini + MQA Dac and, to my ears, this duo is pretty similar to both Pioneer and Oppo. But I spent around US$ 500.00 on them (an old Mac Mini works Just fine as a streamer and I installed both Tidal and Audirvana on it) because I needed to be in the MQA hype.

Attachments

• IMG-20230227-WA0033.jpeg
    IMG-20230227-WA0033.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 25
OP
K

Kamrooz

Also good setup very good price
I want buy a DAC FOR Streaming high res from Iphone to av receiver too !
I’m always buy used and save a ton but still searching for best quality and availability

MLaranjeiras

Also good setup very good price
I want buy a DAC FOR Streaming high res from Iphone to av receiver too !
I’m always buy used and save a ton but still searching for best quality and availability
iPhone is up to 48kHz/24bit non MQA. If you want to go to a new level, this quartet Mac Mini 2012/2014 + Dac Topping E50 + Tidal + Audirvana is a not expensive and reasonable way to start. Other people go to Roon, that is more expensive than Audivarna. From where I am now, to give a relevant upgrade, I estimate to spend around US$ 5,000.00 or more to gain maybe of 20%. I rather to give a pause and recovery my another hobby: Fotography.

OP
K

Kamrooz

Just add Denon 6700 H to the system not bad so far ! A little Better than pioneer sc-lx801

OP
K

Kamrooz

How do you guys think about Arcam Avr21 ? Is that good for music?
I lesson to McIntosh stereo couple day ago and it was phenomenal ! Why is so much better than even high end AVR ?

OP
K

Kamrooz

how about Denon 8500 is better than 6700 or just more channels?!

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
light flickering and fuse surge make load noise only when turn amplifier on
No power cable or line conditioner will have ANY audible impact on your system. They may protect the system against surges or shut it down if you are under powered, but they do not replace bad electrical service with corrected power.

One exception is a Surgex UPS. This will smooth out terrible power conditions and give you perfect sine wave power even during brief outages. They are costly but we have found them very useful in situations like yours.

OP
K

Kamrooz

No power cable or line conditioner will have ANY audible impact on your system. They may protect the system against surges or shut it down if you are under powered, but they do not replace bad electrical service with corrected power.

One exception is a Surgex UPS. This will smooth out terrible power conditions and give you perfect sine wave power even during brief outages. They are costly but we have found them very useful in situations like yours.
Thanks a lot
Very helpful recommendation I will definitely buy this
Also how about monster power HTPS 7000 and AVS 2000
I found they are very useful and good output is that right ?

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks a lot
Very helpful recommendation I will definitely buy this
Also how about monster power HTPS 7000 and AVS 2000
I found they are very useful and good output is that right ?
Pure snake oil... they really do nothing that is actually beneficial.

Most of us have "heard" improvements when we have inserted various devices, changed out cables etc., but as it turns out this is more psychology than audio science. Read up on expectation bias if you are curious, but the short story is that we insert product X into our system and expect a change or improvement and out brain gives us that change or improvement.

The way to test for genuine efficacy is to have a helper switch the device in and out of the system and see if you can tell when the device is in the system 90% of the time or not... 50%-60% can be random chance. It can be a lot of work to perform the experiment, but I promise you, you will be shocked at how much we don't actually hear.

OP
K

Kamrooz

Pure snake oil... they really do nothing that is actually beneficial.

Most of us have "heard" improvements when we have inserted various devices, changed out cables etc., but as it turns out this is more psychology than audio science. Read up on expectation bias if you are curious, but the short story is that we insert product X into our system and expect a change or improvement and out brain gives us that change or improvement.

The way to test for genuine efficacy is to have a helper switch the device in and out of the system and see if you can tell when the device is in the system 90% of the time or not... 50%-60% can be random chance. It can be a lot of work to perform the experiment, but I promise you, you will be shocked at how much we don't actually hear.
Many Thanks for your time and advice

OP
K

Kamrooz

5556E745-4597-489D-ABAD-3243D7F4135D.png

Attachments

• 3B01366C-B97B-427E-887B-41DA2D7E5EB1.jpeg
    3B01366C-B97B-427E-887B-41DA2D7E5EB1.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom