• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Parlor trick exposed

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I too have heard the increased volume in a number of these non-believable tests. They spend so much time swapping things that one has to have good memory of what was there before and after. The trick, if indeed true, with using different recorded tracks at different volumes/processing would definitely explain why it is so hard to find out what they are doing. Then again, it takes extreme courage to engage in this sort of deception. The risks are immense.

I will be on the look out at the next show as in this one, I did not spend any time in their suite.

OP
AJ Soundfield

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Then again, it takes extreme courage to engage in this sort of deception. The risks are immense.
I disagree. No risk at all, much like the recent Audioquest debacle, the Russ Andrews one before, etc, etc.
Lots of laughs for me, believers will continue believing, reality being a mere inconvenience. I doubt it will affect their sales one iota. The company will feign disapproval, claim it was the individual dealers fault just like AQ. The beat goes on.

I will be on the look out at the next show as in this one, I did not spend any time in their suite.
We'll cross streams at RMAF. Don't be scared.
Plus bring your own damn CD, you've got like 8000 tracks to choose from now.
Wanna bet they won't let you play your CD in their setup? :D

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Magic?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Mark Waldrep is at it again. LOL
I do admire his courage standing up to the industry giants. His expose of the AudioQuest HDMI Cable Video was priceless. That along with his stance against the loose definitions of HDA and discounting of things like the Regen sticks, etc; have cost him dearly. He was dropped from the CEA/CTA board cause his positions were not good for marketing. The media avoids his rooms at the big shows like the plague and I'm sure this has hurt the income from AIX records in a substantial way.
Agree with him or not, it's sad he's been blackballed like this for expressing his opinions.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
it's sad he's been blackballed like this for expressing his opinions

Banned for 'opinion'? Seems like the powers that be are chewing on the wrong end of the stick.

On the other hand, he liked my crappy DAC. Maybe he likes my crummy speakers, too. I'll see if he has an 'opinion' on them.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
His room had 5 Revel Salon II speakers, Benchmark electronics, and Oppo sources for his inhouse produced HRA Blueray videos. I would have loved to hear the results.

JoeWhip

Axpona this year and last Amir. I am not sure how you missed it. I could not attend this year but heard the room at last year's Axpona. It was the best sounding room I heard at the show last year and by a large margin too.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Axpona this year and last Amir. I am not sure how you missed it. I could not attend this year but heard the room at last year's Axpona. It was the best sounding room I heard at the show last year and by a large margin too.
I walked the entire show. He again had a table outside of the headphone/gear area. Did not see a room.

JoeWhip

Last year, the room was in a meeting room next to his table. You had to walk down a small ramp into the room. It is my understanding that he had the same set up this year. Last year he had a similar set at CE Week up but with speakers that were not up to the level of the Revels.

OP
AJ Soundfield

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Last year, the room was in a meeting room next to his table. You had to walk down a small ramp into the room. It is my understanding that he had the same set up this year. Last year he had a similar set at CE Week up but with speakers that were not up to the level of the Revels.
Mark was obviously trying to keep Amir out of his demo room to avoid yet another one of these:
Axpona2016WTH.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I walked the entire show. He again had a table outside of the headphone/gear area. Did not see a room.
That's what happens when you roll a fatty before the show. :p

Yep, he had a demo room there this year and last populated with gear loaned by his show sponsors Harman/Revel, Benchmark, Oppo, with JVC providing the video gear.
http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5646

Top Bottom