• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Oh my word! TOPPING is about to release an IEM!

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
37e41663b151a71a.jpg
and the new D90
-144055f5856cbf36.jpg

Last edited:
OP

192kbps

Splendid .... another Truthear model sure to be polarizing with endless debate. If it costs more than $60 it will probably get slaughtered regardless of the audio quality ... The low cost Red was brutalized for absolutely no good reason I could see.
RED causes ear pain in just 10 minutes.

OP

192kbps

New D90??
I heard it's a double 9039. If it's true, I'm glad to see this scene. I definitely wouldn't buy a DX9, which has a very ugly appearance. I'm also looking forward to updating the A90. The A90D is indescribable.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For you but not for many. Do you complain about not fitting into a pair of shoes 2 sizes too small for your feet?
This is at least the second time you have made this comparison and I'm afraid it doesnt really work. Style of shoe is style of shoe. Size of shoe is size of shoe.

The Zero is the style and it comes in one size of nozzle. Yes, there are various tips that can help with fit but if the nozzle is too big with the smallest tip then it is tough luck on any buyers that this is too large for. And that is a chunk of people. How much neither of us can say.

Shure take a different approach- tiny nozzle and tips that will allow fit into larger ears. Up to a point.

The Zero fit me with the right tips but the large nozzle combined with the overall shell design aint a good recipe for a secure fit for quite a few people .

I suspect no one has meaningful data on the quantity of users that this or any IEM that is too big or too small for but please stop dismissing legitimate points with the "not many" argument unless you have some data.

Sebby

This is at least the second time you have made this comparison and I'm afraid it doesnt really work. Style of shoe is style of shoe. Size of shoe is size of shoe.

The Zero is the style and it comes in one size of nozzle. Yes, there are various tips that can help with fit but if the nozzle is too big with the smallest tip then it is tough luck on any buyers that this is too large for. And that is a chunk of people. How much neither of us can say.

Shure take a different approach- tiny nozzle and tips that will allow fit into larger ears. Up to a point.

The Zero fit me with the right tips but the large nozzle combined with the overall shell design aint a good recipe for a secure fit for quite a few people .

I suspect no one has meaningful data on the quantity of users that this or any IEM that is too big or too small for but please stop dismissing legitimate points with the "not many" argument unless you have some data.

For me too, the nozzles are excessively bulky (6.77 mm) but this is not the reason.
As for my ears, I always use the largest tips provided, the reason is not the diameter which is similar to that of my Intime (6.15 mm), but the insertion depth of the tips on the IEM itself which in my opinion is excessive (6mm! 4.90 for Intime).
This makes the tips too stiff, preventing them from conforming to the irregularities of the ear creating very uncomfortable pressure points for some (myself included).
My luck is that I don't find them interesting from a sound point of view, even if they are better than the usual CHI-FIs released weekly. The problem is that I'm trying to give them away (as I always do with IEMs that don't bring any added value to my collection) but it's not that simple, since I'm not the only one with comfort problems.

CedarX

Forum Donor
Googling around: Arpegear appears to be a registered brand of Topping:

1710362736357.jpeg

The Hane IEM was already demo’d at CanJam Oct 2023, but went largely unnoticed. I think I read somewhere that @JohnYang1997 used to work for (at?) Etymotics where he was involved in the ER2 (?) development.

Others have compared Hane to the TruthEar Zero’s, but it is also resembles the upcoming Qudelix T71 IEM (body, face plate, cable). Maybe they all share the same OEM……… Wait… Topping would not follow Qudelix’s path with a 6-channels IEM for the A900 amp, would they? :eek:

Attachments

• 1710362683833.jpeg
    1710362683833.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 21

asrUser

Move along, it's just a rebranded NOVA with some switches!

Top Bottom