• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newer Samsung TV UI/UX terrible?

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is it just me or is the UI terrible?

My parents got a new (Samsung) TV so I was helping them finish setting it up.

I feel like I have to dig through 3 layers to get to the real settings are and then there are 2 or 3 different places you can find different settings. Initially I found where to change the names of the HDMI inputs, then struggled to find it again later, it's burred in a really weird place. The human factors consideration on the remote was non-existent; I 100% can't tell for sure if I've pressed one of the buttons. The left/right/up/down button is the worst, and of course that's the one that is the most used!

Last edited:

GeorgeWalk

I have two Samsung TV sets. The remotes are the worst. I like to watch TV in a low-light room. The buttons are unreadable. I don't know how many times I have wanted to pause a show and accidentally sent the TV back to the home screen.

Top Bottom