• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Is it my imagination or are there more new peeps here than usual lately? I am being a little bit extra nice and not confrontational on the objective versus subjective to entice them to stay..LoL. Later I can be more objective and stuff. :D
I do a monthly back of the envelope summery on New Member numbers and they are pretty steady. Maybe a slight bump in the last week or so. Amir will correct me if I am incorrect.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I do a monthly back of the envelope summery on New Member numbers and they are pretty steady. Maybe a slight bump in the last week or so. Amir will correct me if I am incorrect.
Very cool. That's good information. Thank you. :D

Cecill

Hello everyone,

I have been a member of this community for the past four years. Unfortunately, my account seems to have been hijacked or compromised in some way. I'm not exactly sure what happened. Regardless, I have decided to start fresh and have requested the moderators to delete my old account.

So, here I am, reintroducing myself. However, I don't quite feel like a newbie, more like veteran of this hobby.

In my experience, ASR stands out as the best hi-fi forum. It is rational, informative, helpful, enjoyable, and free from the usual nonsense.

I'm based in England and have been into audio for the past 30 years.

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
Hello everyone,
Welcome,

I've never posted a Hello to ASR members either, I guess this is a twofer. In spite of my neglect, ASR members have been a wealth of information with
a reserved set of ideas at the core, "show me the BEEF"

It took me several years to join for the simple reason, I finally retired and started looking into Forums. It took a while to find one of the better
ran forums too. I ran a BBS for 20 years and this is one of the most preteen BBS/Forums on the planet. It reeks of "I'm proud of what I do." AND they/he
should be.

I simply love the tools, the way it's ran, the attention to detail, the way it's moderated, the way the SysOp/Moderator(s ?) are open to interaction and
welcoming new commers with a gentleman's approach. Not the norm, that's for darn sure. AND NO FRIGGIN' ADDs.

A form dedicated to "here is the proof" vs this is what I think. Refreshing constructive information you don't have to weed through. I like philosophy
in general, but not the psychedelic philosophy of MANY in the Audiophile/Gearhead/Hording world of what ever you or me claim to be. I like all thing
mechanical, I HATE being shocked, BUT I like watching people get zapped. I can't help myself. "I wouldn't do that if I was you" ZAP! I love it.!

It's better than eatin' bugs. Speakin' of bugs, it's time to feed the chickens. :)

Regards

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hello everyone,

I have been a member of this community for the past four years. Unfortunately, my account seems to have been hijacked or compromised in some way. I'm not exactly sure what happened. Regardless, I have decided to start fresh and have requested the moderators to delete my old account.

So, here I am, reintroducing myself. However, I don't quite feel like a newbie, more like veteran of this hobby.

In my experience, ASR stands out as the best hi-fi forum. It is rational, informative, helpful, enjoyable, and free from the usual nonsense.

I'm based in England and have been into audio for the past 30 years.
Hi Cecill,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If you wish we might be able to help you restore your original account. Send either Brad or me a Pm and include the original account username. We can go from there and get this sorted for you if you want to try and restore your old account.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

sacdman

Hi... I am from Eastern Canada. I love Classical Music, Jazz, Classic Rock and plenty of classic movies. I am hoping to get some advice so I will post my question in the correct forum

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi... I am from Eastern Canada. I love Classical Music, Jazz, Classic Rock and plenty of classic movies.
Welcome

I am hoping to get some advice so I will post my question in the correct forum
This is a great place for advice based in engineering and science, and some people here have incredible knowledge of audio gear and how to get the best from it.

Top Bottom