• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DAC to Luxman 507ux II

kukulec

Hey,

yesterday I had the chance to pick up my dream amplifier, a Luxman 507ux II. While on analog line I wanted always that irrational beauty, as a DAC I would like to buy something purely based on performance, which has XLR and would be a proper partner for the amp. Currently I have a Pro-Ject Dac Box S2 which I really like but will be matched with my Primare i22. I know the new products measure better. Do you have any suggestions or could you share your experience with a similar amplifier?

Thanks, Adam

Serg

Hi Adam! Congrats on your new Luxman; it's a gorgeous and very well made integrated amplifier. I have the same one... and I use a Topping D90 with it. Not a single hiccup from either piece during their 1 year together!

OP
K

kukulec

Hi Adam! Congrats on your new Luxman; it's a gorgeous and very well made integrated amplifier. I have the same one... and I use a Topping D90 with it. Not a single hiccup from either piece during their 1 year together!
Thank you for the info! I think I will go either the Topping E70 or SMSL SU9 PRO.

OP
K

kukulec

For a couple of weeks I used the motherboard's jack out to the amp rca sockets. I lost the details and soundstage. I have received today the SMSL SU-9 PRO. Well, it is a different world again. It sounds great.

MrBingley

I had really good results with Denafrips R-2R DACs and Luxman L-550AX II. Tried Aries, Pontus and Venus II all with good results. The higher level models provide more detail width and depth to the soundstage. Venus II gets close to Delta Sigma DAC in detail but much more organic sounding.

Otherwise at lower price maybe check out Gustard DACs - three flavors to choose...

Top Bottom