• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Needle in the Haystack - the BQEYZ KC2 IEM

Asylum Seeker

Chi-Fi is the Wild West of audio, plagued by hype and amateurism. But it is also a very dynamic, constantly evolving arena where great bang-for-the-buck can be found. One of these is the BQEYZ KC2 IEM. I prefer a neutral, neutral-ish sound profile with sufficient sparkle and air at the top. No bloated, boomy bass for me, thank you. I like a mature, sober balanced sound, and these have it. In addition, they are well built out of aluminium, have a quite decent cable with mic and give no fitment issues. The cherry on top is their price, $35.

The BQEYZ KC2 have so convinced me that I ordered a second pair. My top IEM recommendation for under $50. Bass-heads and BLON lovers need not apply.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Asylum Seeker

Asylum Seeker

Thread Starter #3
Thank you for this. Ordered based on this and just received. Think they are great with plenty of bass.
Beware the eartips that come included; they are not so good. I can't get a good deal with them so I don't use them.

If you are curious about another great-sounding, neutral-ish budget pick, take a look at the TRN BA5 for $50.

OP
Asylum Seeker

Asylum Seeker

Thread Starter #5
My top three under-$60 picks are:
  • Tin T3
  • TRN BA5
  • BQEYZ KC2
KZ ZS10 Pro are good too at $30. They are the lowest priced item I can recommend.

ZolaIII

Seams FiiO made surprisingly good one's recently and even bass heads seems to like those (because EQ response) all do they are natural. The FiiO FH1s recommended price should be 60$ but currently they go for around 70$. Seams even cable & ear tips are good so price ain't that high.

OP
Asylum Seeker

Asylum Seeker

Thread Starter #7
Seams FiiO made surprisingly good one's recently and even bass heads seems to like those (because EQ response) all do they are natural. The FiiO FH1s recommended price should be 60$ but currently they go for around 70$. Seams even cable & ear tips are good so price ain't that high.
The Fiio IEM that interests me is the FA1, currently $85 on Amazon.

Karu

Forum Donor
Beware the eartips that come included; they are not so good. I can't get a good deal with them so I don't use them.

If you are curious about another great-sounding, neutral-ish budget pick, take a look at the TRN BA5 for $50.
BA5 arrived, the wife tried them and kept them, not that I mind. The 20 seconds I had them on, appeared great!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
amirm AXPONA Audio Show 1