• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Needle in the Haystack - the BQEYZ KC2 IEM

Asylum Seeker

Chi-Fi is the Wild West of audio, plagued by hype and amateurism. But it is also a very dynamic, constantly evolving arena where great bang-for-the-buck can be found. One of these is the BQEYZ KC2 IEM. I prefer a neutral, neutral-ish sound profile with sufficient sparkle and air at the top. No bloated, boomy bass for me, thank you. I like a mature, sober balanced sound, and these have it. In addition, they are well built out of aluminium, have a quite decent cable with mic and give no fitment issues. The cherry on top is their price, $35.

The BQEYZ KC2 have so convinced me that I ordered a second pair. My top IEM recommendation for under $50. Bass-heads and BLON lovers need not apply.

Attachments

• 20200320_153204.jpg
    20200320_153204.jpg
    806.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

Karu

Forum Donor
Thank you for this. Ordered based on this and just received. Think they are great with plenty of bass.

OP
Asylum Seeker

Asylum Seeker

Thank you for this. Ordered based on this and just received. Think they are great with plenty of bass.
Beware the eartips that come included; they are not so good. I can't get a good deal with them so I don't use them.

If you are curious about another great-sounding, neutral-ish budget pick, take a look at the TRN BA5 for $50.

BillG

Major Contributor
I've been auditioning some Chinese branded IEMs here lately myself... :cool:

KZ AS10
IMG20200401181652.jpg

KZ ZS6, KZ ZSA, OnePlus Bullets v2
IMG20200310174300.jpg

The AS10 is the best of bunch. The others I'll probably sell eventually. I've these, KZ ZSX, setting at the post office now waiting to be delivered:

images-2.jpeg

Regarding the OP's purchase, here's a review:

https://www.thephonograph.net/bqeyz-kc2-review/

OP
Asylum Seeker

Asylum Seeker

My top three under-$60 picks are:
  • Tin T3
  • TRN BA5
  • BQEYZ KC2
KZ ZS10 Pro are good too at $30. They are the lowest priced item I can recommend.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Seams FiiO made surprisingly good one's recently and even bass heads seems to like those (because EQ response) all do they are natural. The FiiO FH1s recommended price should be 60$ but currently they go for around 70$. Seams even cable & ear tips are good so price ain't that high.

OP
Asylum Seeker

Asylum Seeker

Seams FiiO made surprisingly good one's recently and even bass heads seems to like those (because EQ response) all do they are natural. The FiiO FH1s recommended price should be 60$ but currently they go for around 70$. Seams even cable & ear tips are good so price ain't that high.
The Fiio IEM that interests me is the FA1, currently $85 on Amazon.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
The Fiio IEM that interests me is the FA1, currently $85 on Amazon.
Well this really got me interested in FiiO FH1s:
FH1S Ear Tips Comparison.png

Along with claimed EQ response all do I don't really like in ear one's.

Best regards.

Karu

Forum Donor
Beware the eartips that come included; they are not so good. I can't get a good deal with them so I don't use them.

If you are curious about another great-sounding, neutral-ish budget pick, take a look at the TRN BA5 for $50.

BA5 arrived, the wife tried them and kept them, not that I mind. The 20 seconds I had them on, appeared great!

Top Bottom