• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Near field Active speaker below 500€

Gug

Hello,

I'm comming to you to change my near field speaker at my work desk and to have some advice. I'm currently like more and more good and accurate sounding system.

So I'm seaching good speaker for less than 500€. I'm more a harman curve guy. I'm not an audio professional, it's note for audio jobs and so on.

More the speaker goes down, to bass region, better it could be for me. I have the possibility to EQ them.

Did you have some recommandation ?

Of course I have see the jbl 305p mkii.

Thank you in advance.

OP
G

Gug

Great thank you :) I will check them !

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
JBL 308P MKII

OP
G

Gug

Thank you :)

Hum for space, I could put some of the bigger, but i will close to them and they will be close to the wall to ... a subjet ?

Perhaos because close to the wall, the port to the front could be better ?

OP
G

Gug

@nat1 and @badspeakerdesigner : did you have compare them to the jbl ?

And don't you think a nearfield with a 8" could be too big ? for near field, really close to the speaker ?

indeed : seems pretty good from ; F3 is nice ; some switch to manage response, and I can use EQ if needed (with my usb mic)

Last edited:

dmilller

The higher end powered Edifiers are glorious on the desktop. At the time I bought my now discontinued S2000 Pro, Edifier US forgot to tell potential buyers that these were nearfirld speakers. This lead to widely varying reviews. These speakers play loud, but lose their specialness if trying to fill a room.

The Edifiers are easily the best value speakers I have ever purchased. I would always buy a near field design for desktop, which can rival headphones in immersive quality.

Interestingly Edifier is an investor in Wiim.

Top Bottom