• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My DIY speakers -"J&N"

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

In fact, if anyone is interested in the sequel on the topic, the address is on Facebook; Jorors DIY-Audio, it is not a link, but a closed group.
Anyone who wants to become a member is welcome, but you have to make a request to me!

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

A look at the room where I listen to music/everything you see is created by my hands- fact/:
J&N.jpg

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Fireplace.. DrOOL... I live in the northern reaches and a fireplace is a very nice thing to have. :D Lovely room for sure.
Yes, that's right, but I light the fireplace from December to February, several times a month. We are talking only about the visual effect, the main heating is radiant, invented by a Czech, but with a Canadian leaf, I can show you, it to you if you want.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, that's right, but I light the fireplace from December to February, several times a month. We are talking only about the visual effect, the main heating is radiant, invented by a Czech, but with a Canadian leaf, I can show you, it to you if you want.
It's hydronic? Sure, show away @jororaitchev

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

It's hydronic? Sure, show away @jororaitchev

Doodski

Call me Joro, please!
Here are more pictures of how I heat myself.
P.S.
This topic is not for this forum, if you have a desire / registration on Facebook /we can to meet.
Greetings,
Joro

Attachments

• tavan-a.jpg
    tavan-a.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 144
  • roof-1.jpg
    roof-1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 154
  • roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20211103_163828.jpg
    20211103_163828.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 133

D!sco

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Your work is just stunning. Painted or veneered, they're absolutely top of the line.

Where did you learn to bend wood like that? As a merely average carpenter/cabinetmaker, making things perfectly straight can be boring and frustrating. How much precision goes into the curved panels vs. sanding it out later? Is an asymmetrical rounded cabinet more or less noticeable do you think?

Have you ever tried constructing wooden waveguides or horns?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Doodski

Call me Joro, please!
Here are more pictures of how I heat myself.
P.S.
This topic is not for this forum, if you have a desire / registration on Facebook /we can to meet.
Greetings,
Joro
Excellent design and implementation. Radiant heat like you have is cozy. We mostly have forced air in the province I live in because we have huge deposits of natural gas. The forced air method creates hot spots, cold spots, noise and requires filters and maintenance of the furnace. So your radiant heat system beats it for sure.

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Your work is just stunning. Painted or veneered, they're absolutely top of the line.

Where did you learn to bend wood like that? As a merely average carpenter/cabinetmaker, making things perfectly straight can be boring and frustrating. How much precision goes into the curved panels vs. sanding it out later? Is an asymmetrical rounded cabinet more or less noticeable do you think?

Have you ever tried constructing wooden waveguides or horns?
Thank you for appreciating my work, thank you!
If I tell you that I am 62 years old, will you get the right answer?

D!sco

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you for appreciating my work, thank you!
If I tell you that I am 62 years old, will you get the right answer?
As a 20-something, I get it. Can't wait to see your next project.

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Excellent design and implementation. Radiant heat like you have is cozy. We mostly have forced air in the province I live in because we have huge deposits of natural gas. The forced air method creates hot spots, cold spots, noise and requires filters and maintenance of the furnace. So your radiant heat system beats it for sure.
Thanks!
Of course, I am on the correct side , you have a convection heating system associated with the movement of household dust, I do not have such an option.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
a convection heating system associated with the movement of household dust
No joke there for sure. I've cleaned out the blower assembly of furnaces and the dust and dust bunnies are au plenty.

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

For all, who have problems with trust; View attachment 162665
The name of the my loudspeakers - "J&N" are the initials of Joro/ my nickname / аnd per se and Nelly/nickname of my wife / and this is ours logo.
Some think, It looks like the J and N are giving each other a high five. Yes, that's right, it's been 40 years together!

Top Bottom