• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

mono summing to single active speaker

Jaxjax

I would like to use 1 of my Behringer 3031a speakers with a Kali MV-BT controler out doors while I putter around outside. Is there a cheap summing device I can use for this so I don't have to pack the pair out.? I see Radial has something that would work but it's $300 ish for that. I'll go that route if I have to as I like Radial products.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
You can get a little mixer for $100 USD or less.

If your source is a computer you might be able to configure it for mono (same sound from both sides).

...If you know how to solder you can make a fixed-passive mixer with a pair of 10K resistors, which cost almost nothing, plus the cost of a box & connectors.

OP
Jaxjax

Jaxjax

You can get a little mixer for $100 USD or less.

If your source is a computer you might be able to configure it for mono (same sound from both sides).

...If you know how to solder you can make a fixed-passive mixer with a pair of 10K resistors, which cost almost nothing, plus the cost of a box & connectors.
Just Amazon music from my phone or laptop if signal not to far for BT. I'll check & see if they have mono in the app
Thanks..

OP
Jaxjax

Jaxjax

I can't do it on Amazon that I can see so I found a Radial MIX 2:1 for $179
I'll just go this route since Radial stuff is robust & can use it with xlr/1/4 cable sets I already have

staticV3

Master Contributor
Just Amazon music from my phone or laptop if signal not to far for BT. I'll check & see if they have mono in the app
Thanks..
If not in the App, then you can still set the BT Receiver to Mono in the system settings, and that'll downmix the signal before it's even sent via BT.

Last edited:

EDMoser

You can set your phone or laptop to mono by going to the Accessibility settings on the device and setting audio to mono.

Top Bottom