• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Memory of early 1980's

GaryY

Forum Donor
While I'm taking 2 weeks vacation and having some liquor :) tonight for relaxing myself, I suddenly try to remind what my father (in heaven) had in the early of 1980's.
If I'm not mistaken, the gears were...
Quad 34
Quad 405
Tannoy Berkeley

I remember he didn't care these so much, so I could do whatever I want with lots of knobs what I would not allow to for my son. :)

(Photos are from somewhere in the internet.)

Attachments

• quad.jpeg
    quad.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 44
  • tannoy.jpg
    tannoy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
GaryY

GaryY

Forum Donor
There was also a teac tape player with some wood frame something like this.

Attachments

• teac.JPG
    teac.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 27

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Here are a few of my memories from that time - although they were on cassette at the time.

Cheers!

20240102_180200.jpg

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I bought my wife one of those fancy Microwave Ovens for her birthday. Yes I know I am incredibly thoughtful. :p

She made me a Birthday Cake as her first foray into Microwave Cooking. It looked perfect and delicious. The only problem is we had nothing in the house or garage that could cut it. I used a steel cutting wheel to cut a small piece out. Sent it to NASA with the ingredients and cooking instructions and they eventually adopted it for use as burn shielding for the Space Shuttle re-entry tiles. That’s right the Shuttle was saved by Chocolate Microwave Cake….;)

Top Bottom