• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mark Levinson Replica Amp

Krunok

Major Contributor
That Rotel also blew up when being tested into low impedances. Clearly took out a channel and they only had a single channel left to run tests on. An amplifier that almost doubles down, blows its fuses and then ceases to function is a fail as far as I am concerned.

That said, I love Rotel gear. Generally, it is built beautifully and pretty much always performs better than spec.

I ran some tests only yesterday on a little vintage integrated Rotel (RA-930AX) I'll post in the reactive load thread today if you're interested.

There was obviously something wrong with that unit, it had significant difference in output impedance from the start.

Btw, my RMB-1075 (5*120W, 160W in stereo) is THX certified, have much larger heatsinks and is running for more than 15 years without any problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom