• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for suggestions/help with DAC/AMP purchase

Haqal

Howdy,

Been visiting the site for about a month now, slowly getting into the scientific audiophile world more and more. I have a pretty basic set up right now, but I'm planning on purchasing some more gear soon, hence the thread.

I'm going to get a set of Monoprice m570 planar cans. I'm looking for a dac/amp combo that will drive them well, preferably a portable set up for use with an iPhone. If at all possible, I would like to be able to bypass the amp in the unit so that, down the road, I can experiment with tube amps.

Thanks in advance!

OP
H

Haqal

Just a self update. Having played around with the reviews sorter thing, it seems like my top options would be: Fiio Q1 Mark II (unclear if can be used with an external amp), Qudelix 5k (some worries if this can dive the m570), and the E1da 9038S/D (some worries about iphone compatibility). Narrowed down to these, anyone have recommends or can clear up the worries?

Top Bottom