• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lego Duplo diffuser

Abekat

Hey y'all, my youngest son has turned four, so now 'real' lego is the shizznit. Woohoo! That means Im sitting back with a lot of Lego duplo. I can put it in the basement, pass it on to friends/family (with younger kids than mine) or.. Build a diffuser. I chose the last option, cause why not? The question is, does it really do any thing? Is it too low in height to actually do a difference?
I used this to build it 'right'. But yeah, my 'skyscrapers' are not that high. One duplo brick is about 2 cm in height.

Attachments

• 20230823_114533.jpg
    20230823_114533.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 201
Nice - have you tested it?

Thanks for the link, i'll try it when I got some free time.
And I havn't really done any (serious) tests. For now, when im alone, which I rarely is, I put it like this (watch photo)

Attachments

• 20230823_140059.jpg
    20230823_140059.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: GDK
I’ll build some one day, once I find a cheap source for the blocks.
Cause for the amount needed in the same color, it becomes close to wood price.
But still much easier to build, and lighter.

Here you can see some cool ones at 11:30 :

Id-acoustique.com built them, can’t find them on their blog but they were there few months ago.

I’ll build some one day, once I find a cheap source for the blocks.
Cause for the amount needed in the same color, it becomes close to wood price.
But still much easier to build, and lighter.

Here you can see some cool ones at 11:30 :

Id-acoustique.com built them, can’t find them on their blog but they were there few months ago.
Nice so maybe it'll actually do something.. Or maybe I need more than just one 'block'.

Thanks for the link, i'll try it when I got some free time.
And I havn't really done any (serious) tests. For now, when im alone, which I rarely is, I put it like this (watch photo)

Excellent - have you noticed any audible change - I am happy in this case to accept subjective impressions. :cool:

Excellent - have you noticed any audible change - I am happy in this case to accept subjective impressions. :cool:
My subjective impression would be that my room feels a little bigger, or in other words, that the left speaker (shown in the picture), has a little more 'air' (as you can see; its pretty close to the side wall (which the right speaker isnt)).. So a tiny upgrade to the soundstage. Maybe its just placebo, but i'll use it whenever I can :)

I built some following plans which worked well but looked kind of crappy. I moved to SevenAudio diffusers (and abfussers) which have great finish and sound great.

In now got some lightweight foam ones to use on a removable section covering my projection screen for serious listening sessions.

1693389346423.jpeg

1693389396039.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom