• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LCD 5 vs Susvara vs Utopia 2022 vs Bravura

dazkyl

Hi all,

as you can see in the title, I am very undecided between the above headphones. These will be strictly used for movie watching at night when I cant use my speaker system.

As for pricing goes I got some offers

LCD5 - 4300 usd
Susvara - 4620usd
Utopia 2022 - 4350usd
Bravura+amp - 6600usd

As for the other headphones I was looking at spending around 1700usd on amplification.

All are withing my budget but I am not sure which headphones suits movies the most since all reviews I checked they all tried music with them, but not movies.

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Movies do not present a specifically challenging use case for headphones. I presume one would expect clear dialogues and immersion from a headphone that is bought for watching movies?. If that is the case, I think all of them listed here would be an overkill and unsatisfactory at the same time. Not unlike shortlisting sports cars for the objective of picking up kids from school. They are all open back so they do not isolate well, none of them have particularly good base without EQ, maybe except Bravura, and other than their price tag, none of them offer any advantage vs a noise cancelling Bose in my view. Actually Bose would be better as it would be more convenient without wires, they are decently tuned, and will offer a lot more immersion with better isolation and better bass reproduction in my opinion.

This just looks like a list of what are the most expensive headphones I can buy at the moment.

If you want to stick to these, I suggest maybe explaining what is important to you when watching movies audio wise so that people can make more informed recommendations.

Top Bottom